Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Punctured about 10Km from home - a nice long piece of metal piercing the tyre.
As I'm shifting back into to an easier gear, to get going after said puncture, I see a nice long, slap cable running under the down tube. This happened:
post-1372-0-05729900-1614439951_thumb.jpeg
Popped in at Kayalami Cycles, a place I remember going to in the late 80s to get bicycle stuff. Ended up swapping out my bar tape too - tatty white now replaced with a stealthier look. First time in 12 years I won’t have white bar tape.

post-1372-0-42252700-1614440664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a k@k one, hate it when you barely into a ride and something like that happens.

The other day I was only 12km away from home, got a large screw in my rear tyre, two bombs later, still loosing pressure, turned out all the sealant went dry on me ...   :wacko:  :thumbdown: .

Had to phone the wife to come pick me up.

Edit:  I know about Kayalami Cycles but never went there, not a fan of Alberton CBD.  Are they OK to use?

Edited by TheoG

Edit:  I know about Kayalami Cycles but never went there, not a fan of Alberton CBD.  Are they OK to use?

It's not the best area, given that the Dept. of Labour is a few offices down.

For a Saturday morning, it was quiet, and actually a pleasure to go there.

Punctured about 10Km from home - a nice long piece of metal piercing the tyre.

As I'm shifting back to to an easier gear, I see a nice long, slap cable running under the down tube. This happened:

attachicon.gif4810CAB6-A58A-47B9-892D-C61C9ADA9D87.jpeg

Popped in at Kayalami Cycles, a place I remember going to in the late 80s to get bicycle stuff.

Ended up swapping out my bar tape too - tatty white now replaced with a stealthier look. First time in 12 years I won’t have white bar tape.

attachicon.gifec28a114-41b7-4763-baa0-52042231970c.jpg

Amina at Kyalami is cool, always extremely helpful. I have no problem going there!

A long ass day out but loved every minute!

Not sure what goes through other riders minds when you're out for long but today started off thinking about some stuff, progressed to fighting with myself and then ignored myself for the last part ...

221km more than 9hrs, wow is all I can say !!!

Popped in at Kayalami Cycles, a place I remember going to in the late 80s to get bicycle stuff. Ended up swapping out my bar tape too - tatty white now replaced with a stealthier look. First time in 12 years I won’t have white bar tape.

ec28a114-41b7-4763-baa0-52042231970c.jpg

Wow.! I tried white once and only managed a couple of rides before switching back to black. :D

A long ass day out but loved every minute!

Not sure what goes through other riders minds when you're out for long but today started off thinking about some stuff, progressed to fighting with myself and then ignored myself for the last part ...9791ea87b3f371c237bc65b0601f4950.jpg66b7fe6128c7c9c17d1b041a8bd8c709.jpg

There is usually a song stuck in your head ,a random one at that . And you sing it over & over ????

Did basically the same ride 2 days ago, almost the same time of day.

Weather today, headwinds, cool and overcast.

2 days ago, flat seas, no wind and hot.

Hoping for rain as it's getting very dry by us.4ae08dfe70a06c8f29fbdd2db9dd553f.jpgca0f553fc60d8b7e10715306955972ce.jpg

Well, we got 4mm, which is better than nothing.