• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

So my BIL was up here from Cape Town this last week. On Saturday we were chatting and I mention that this guy from Bikehub called Copperhead had left looooong ago from very near where he stays for a ride up to Namibia and back. I started showing him pictures from this thread, I got to a picture of copperhead and my BIL says hey I know him. So he sommer sends him a whatsapp and it wasn't long and we got a reply back from copperhead.

So just for info he should be home today unless the rain delays him then it will be tomorrow.

So my BIL was up here from Cape Town this last week. On Saturday we were chatting and I mention that this guy from Bikehub called Copperhead had left looooong ago from very near where he stays for a ride up to Namibia and back. I started showing him pictures from this thread, I got to a picture of copperhead and my BIL says hey I know him. So he sommer sends him a whatsapp and it wasn't long and we got a reply back from copperhead.

So just for info he should be home today unless the rain delays him then it will be tomorrow.

Does he have a dedicated thread for this adventure?

So basically "real" mountain biking. That's even better IMO :D Thanks

Just to add the trail overall is in an acceptable condition, its not manicured. The climb up to the Monty's is littered with loose stones and pine cones, which is always fun on a 10+% climb. The downhills features the occasional "well placed" pine cone.

But, I ride the trails at least once every 2 weeks and I love it.

Interesting you should say that.

I was watching an MTB film last week. I couldnt help but notice how over the years trails are all starting to look similar in terms of features. That is the same kind of features, tables to berm to doubles, the way they follow each other and so on. Maybe I am just over analysing it, but lets take Tokai for example, those tables berms and rollers are pretty similar to what I saw in this film. 

Old Mamba used to be the forest trail at tokai(imo). DH1 and 2 used to more or less natural. Broken road was well just that, a broken and rutted gravel road, with massive "speedbumps". 

I get why you like table mountain side these days, so much choice for more or less natural lines vs built up mtb super freeways.

Does he have a dedicated thread for this adventure?

A cool feature article would be lekka, hey, if @copperhead would add some journal notes to accompany his beautiful pics  :thumbup:

A cool feature article would be lekka, hey, if @copperhead would add some journal notes to accompany his beautiful pics  :thumbup:

Yip, and downloadable GPX/FIT files would be supercool! 

Yip, and downloadable GPX/FIT files would be supercool! 

I need to do some trips like this. Closest I will come is a weekend away to cederberg, spend a day riding. Then tankwa and do the same and so on and so on.

Double lap testing....1x12 is close to ....my fitness and always wanting to spin rather than grind makes it fall short. But it was teaching me stomp a little harder and carry more speed,a few tweaks and it could just be brilliant .

Have you bought a 3T now?

Yes REAL mountain biking, just FYI, I was up there over the weekend, use the trails from Welvanpas, Bainskloof is closed at Antoniesvlei .."No Cycling" ...and the there is some work on the last few switch backs of Aap DHuez. Had to jump off and push.