• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

must be photoshoped ............................................ they forgot to add in the other bit of the fork.

Still bends my mind how that wheel can stay on the fork despite rushing down a very rocky and rutted D Ville jeep track ????

We are going away for the long weekend to Goosebay again and looking forward to it.

Firstly need to organize a rack for my Toyota Aygo (my dad will be driving), but luckily a friend is helping me out with one. 

Also looking forward to some more distance (instead of climbing the whole time as what I do here in Durbanville) this time around and planning on taking my DSLR with the ride.

My grandparents live in Perlemoenbaai. So, I have the following in mind: Gansbaai - Franskraal; When I arrive in Franskraal, I will do the MTB route to the lighthouse. Stop there and take some photos; Afterwards, I'll head back to the Main Rd, cross the road to 

Panorama Natures Haven Wedding Venue. Will stop there for a coffee (and maybe breakfast, depending on how I feel) and do the short MTB trail there and of course photos. Then I'll either choose to go Pearly Beach/B-bos which is quite a few km's in with an endless straight road. Would be nice, would definitely gain a lot of distance. But I will see how I feel.

I actually need a cyclocross bicycle for the weekend. :)

Any locals from Gansbaai / Franskraal please feel free to recommend places to stop. I know the area 50/50, but not everything.

@Suidwes Boytjie

EDIT: Checked the weather on yr.no for Saturday, quite windy early morning in Gansbaai with 7m/s, but the wind is okay in Franskraal (where I would be most of the time) of 3m/s. The wind is 5m/s in B-bos and 6m/s in Pearly.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

We are going away for the long weekend to Goosebay again and looking forward to it.

Firstly need to organize a rack for my Toyota Aygo (my dad will be driving), but luckily a friend is helping me out with one. 

Also looking forward to some more distance (instead of climbing the whole time as what I do here in Durbanville) this time around and planning on taking my DSLR with the ride.

My grandparents live in Perlemoenbaai. So, I have the following in mind: Gansbaai - Franskraal; When I arrive in Franskraal, I will do the MTB route to the lighthouse. Stop there and take some photos; Afterwards, I'll head back to the Main Rd, cross the road to 

Panorama Natures Haven Wedding Venue. Will stop there for a coffee (and maybe breakfast, depending on how I feel) and do the short MTB trail there and of course photos. Then I'll either choose to go Pearly Beach/B-bos which is quite a few km's in with an endless straight road. Would be nice, would definitely gain a lot of distance. But I will see how I feel.

I actually need a cyclocross bicycle for the weekend. :)

Any locals from Gansbaai / Franskraal please feel free to recommend places to stop. I know the area 50/50, but not everything.

@Suidwes Boytjie

EDIT: Checked the weather on yr.no for Saturday, quite windy early morning in Gansbaai with 7m/s, but the wind is okay in Franskraal (where I would be most of the time) of 3m/s. The wind is 5m/s in B-bos and 6m/s in Pearly.

Panorama restaurant is closed - ride to b'bos along the tar and down to pearly beach - you can stop in b'bos for breakfast or Die Rooi Bier in Pearly - if you time it for low tide (neap tide on the weekend) you can ride along the beach to Franskraal.  If you do not want to cross the river then follow it to the road.

The Harvest Festival is on at Lomond wines (food and wine tasting), main events on the 18th, including the Klipspringer MTB trail.

The Gansbaai black route (Flower valley) is riding nice and loose atm, full of surprises.  Join the Klipspringer when you see their signs and follow them back to Flower valley

If you do the lighthouse ride include the Klipfontein Fisherman Trail section - can be ridden both ways but more technical from the Franskraal side.

Everything has bits of loose sand at the moment.  Enjoy

Edited by Goosebay

And there she goes again, the Sportsworld Night Train ????

When&What:

MTB Loop-Tues & Thurs, 5am, Pinehurst Centre (+-45km)

Road Loops-Monday to Friday 5:30am, Pinehurst Centre (4x10km loops)

post-17321-0-09034800-1489647255_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-78885700-1489647270_thumb.jpgpost-17321-0-07209800-1489647284_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brandon78

Last weekend was my first ride outdoors this year...

Took the mtb for a short spin around the block and this photo was from the highest point of the ride...not very high but still a nice view of my playground LOL

For the Ferrari and Kimi Räikkönen fans the red arrow is pointing to Kim's house in planet Zug...does not look impressive in the photo (from behind his house) but its a lot larger from the front

post-182-0-11325600-1489780997_thumb.png

Awesome ride with the Velo boys this morning, thanks guys!

http://i.imgur.com/NYo2J71.jpg

Dude you becoming a full on roadie ????