• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

ja, this is first class for the masses - also from 1970

wasn't the real fancy area up the stairs?!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Travel/galleries/travel/picturegalleries/Flight-attendants-through-the-ages/100years-hostess15_2970305a.jpg?imwidth=1400

All depends on the airlines layout. Some did have the larney area upstairs. Our old jumbos had first class similar to this up front on the lower deck. Then just behind that we had business class which still had lekker wide seats but not the pod setup. Then at the back and upstairs was economy class. So some useless information, the upper deck on a jumbo gets very cold and is noisier than the rest of the plane due to the air rushing over the "bump" faster than it would on a single deck plane. It was a schlep as the flight would come in and all the upper deck air vents were closed. The aircraft would stand in the sun all day and start to bake and then with no air coming in it got super warm upstairs. We would have to go to every air vent and open them to try cool it down for the afternoon flights.

I remember those training sessions way back....... Almost no girls were interested in sports back then.

What “sport”? Stair jumping?