Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new piece of furniture for the house/home office.

3000VA system (not sure what the batteries are - 600 cycle something or other).

Now that load shedding really is an integral part of our future:

Next up is to change all lights to LED's

Then to get it wired into the DB

And then possibly some solar panels

post-615-0-55279400-1578220770_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

Got a nice boot bike rack that welcomes my Rocket and possibly any other bikes out there nice and safely:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 11.39.24.jpeg

And then my fiancée started getting into it, rented a bike a few times also had her first crash and still keen so got her a little something at a killer price:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-01-01 at 10.59.43.jpeg

Now you just need a number board with lights so people behind you will actually know what your intentions are.

Also, you may have issues with the cops with regards to rearward visibility but its no worse than somebody towing a caravan.

Now you just need a number board with lights so people behind you will actually know what your intentions are.

Also, you may have issues with the cops with regards to rearward visibility but its no worse than somebody towing a caravan.

Rearward visibility should not be an issue, many a caddy van and delivery vans out there with blacked out rear windows.

Rearward visibility should not be an issue, many a caddy van and delivery vans out there with blacked out rear windows.

That's really a secondary concern.

It's the fact that the rear lights are covered. Are you braking, are you planning on turning, which way, etc, etc , etc.

I have the same issue with guys that use the X-ramp carriers for motorcycles. Covers all the lights and yet if you ride into them, you are at fault..............

A new piece of furniture for the house/home office.

3000VA system (not sure what the batteries are - 600 cycle something or other).

Now that load shedding really is an integral part of our future:

Next up is to change all lights to LED's

Then to get it wired into the DB

And then possibly some solar panels

Where from? I'm looking at options as well.

Where from? I'm looking at options as well.

I started window shopping here: https://www.geewiz.co.za/long-run-ups-inverter-battery/93614-axpert-type-3000va-pure-sine-inverter-2x-100ah-battery-8-hour-battery-life-kit-3000w.html

But ended having one built by a mate's electrician brother (i am in Cape Town).

Head over here for some more ideas and options: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/146656-a-dark-africa-lays-aheadload-shedding/page-39?do=findComment&comment=3596506

Ready for the August! Got my first roadbike around a month ago, and the wheels today..they just keep on rolling forever!9c2fca6e8d814df860e9ce4d3cecaf55.jpg

VERY NICE!! just watch those crosswinds with the deep-sections.

I finally upgraded my bike end Dec.

post-52768-0-74532700-1578485854_thumb.jpg

I reckon new wheels will have to wait until next birthday or Christmas.

(Yes, the giant saddlebag on an aero bike is not the prettiest. I should get something smaller - I don't like having too many things in my shirt pockets).

Ready for the August! Got my first roadbike around a month ago, and the wheels today..they just keep on rolling forever!9c2fca6e8d814df860e9ce4d3cecaf55.jpg

Looking good, many happy miles.