Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also @Mongooser, it’s ‘Scooby’.
But Slowbaru will also do depending on who you ask😅

I jest! Congrats. Very practical indeed. I wouldnt mind a wagon version myself.

Edited by MORNE

On 1/2/2024 at 2:53 PM, MORNE said:

Also @Mongooser, it’s ‘Scooby’.
But Slowbaru will also do depending on who you ask😅

I jest! Congrats. Very practical indeed. I wouldnt mind a wagon version myself.

🤣ah yes Scooby,   honestly may need to get a slowbaru sticker on it now  

I also went with the wagon version.  No regrets👌 

Christmas gift from S.O. because i will be doer en gone without cell reception, unsupervised with project munga training. A relatively low annual fee, a month by month contract that can be turned on and off. Send tracking info, send and receive text messages and send SOS info including location to a manned response team and contacts when out of cell tower range.

https://www.garmin.com/en-ZA/p/765374

Operable from head unit and watch via ant+

13 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Christmas gift from S.O. because i will be doer en gone without cell reception, unsupervised with project munga training. A relatively low annual fee, a month by month contract that can be turned on and off. Send tracking info, send and receive text messages and send SOS info including location to a manned response team and contacts when out of cell tower range.

https://www.garmin.com/en-ZA/p/765374

Operable from head unit and watch via ant+

Taking this seriously! 

11 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Taking this seriously! 

Ha! With my genetics and I think also my age, if I don't train properly I wont finish the event. And also, any excuse to be far from the madding crowd.

Got Inpatient a bit and decided to build it with some parts I have lying around 😂 going to replace some parts in the future, like a boost fork for a start 😂. Still need to bleed the brakes and set the gears. But for now I think it looks okay.. 

IMG_3158.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Got Inpatient a bit and decided to build it with some parts I have lying around 😂 going to replace some parts in the future, like a boost fork for a start 😂. Still need to bleed the brakes and set the gears. But for now I think it looks okay.. 

IMG_3158.jpeg

Get a longer seatpost asap 

Min on that frame is 100mm but anything less than 125mm is a big risk on that specific gen 

When you have a thing about odd bikes that you can't buy in a normal shop.

I now have an Evil Following "The Minion" to go along with the purple and orange custom Pyga named Barney.

IMG_5911.jpeg

Edited by Nakoota

I am late on this, having built the bike up over the last few months, but I did just purchase the final piece!

Here's my custom Marino dualie!

Treated myself with some new Lyne AMP HD rims with their newest shiny Hi-Per hubs, fox 34 up front for trail riding and a cane creak dbcoil at the back that I've had stashed for quite a while. She's set up to be a do-it-all bike, and while the suspension is just 130/130, I managed to take a 3rd place finish in Elite Mens at the Clarens DRI! Geometry is king ;)

The heaviness from the steel frame is completely counteracted by the loss of wallet depth :P

LwWemihgd7r4AL7qpGIijMCI5u-lBQCeyw-F4Xr5ZBY-1152x2048.jpg

TZPXHdMxfhwJHyRZGATKhcINXRDN6EPxkptb7Jr-MGI-2048x1152.jpg

So after a fellow hubber helped me out, I saw that the Trek I bought was to small.. 😂 Ps if someone needs a frame let me know, it will be for sale.. Anycase back to the point.

Got myself this bad boy today and I am beyond excited. Will post a kiekie when its done 😊

IMG_3318.jpeg

1 hour ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

So after a fellow hubber helped me out, I saw that the Trek I bought was to small.. 😂 Ps if someone needs a frame let me know, it will be for sale.. Anycase back to the point.

Got myself this bad boy today and I am beyond excited. Will post a kiekie when its done 😊

IMG_3318.jpeg

I don't need a frame but a new project couldn't hurt much. What size is it? 😁