Dopers suck

fandacious

SNIP*

I must say I agree with you here. 

I don't think the problem here was if he was ALLOWED or NOT.

For sure a suspended rider can ride a non sanctioned event, but for some it looks like he is showing the cycling community the middle finger. (that is where I am at) So in this free society we also have the right to think and say that someone is acting like a box. 

It is not taking the "high" ground, it is freedom to say what you want.

If someone text and drive, I have the right to say he is a box. Same with KE, I think it was a box move. 

Does he have the right to think differently, sure. He can say. "I have served enough time and I feel like riding a non sanctioned event, AND I don't think it is a box move"

On another note:

Chatting my wife last night about this, she had an interesting point of view.

The pro's is cycling as a job. So when they get suspended, they get FIRED no more JOB. 

Her view is, once banned or suspended they have lost their earning ability, and might as well ride any race as they can not earn from it.

They are / should not be eligible for podium or any category position while suspended. So if they come in first, “here is the 1st finisher, but since he is still on suspension his time does not count….and here is our WINNER”

Edit: removed double text

Edited by Quagga

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the difference between racing  partaking on and off drugs is about 11 places?

That's what I got from all of this.

Not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this? it's the Saffer way, our officials are suspended, with full pay, when under suspicion.

Our roads are a mess because everyone has a "the rules only apply to others" attitude. I can go on.. but it's Friday and I don't feel like typing an essay.

This is the slow rotten decay that is africa.

Shame man I hope you weren’t beaten by Kevin at K2C. Moving up from 321 to 320 is really going to help with your sponsor quest for Cape Epic.

Flexing pensioners or the their pension in a bingo match ....rotflmao , such drama and no your point is not vais because in both your cases financial fraud is taking place.

But it’s clear emotions are clouding your judgement.

No professional fun riders were harmed by Kevin on his gravel bike at K2C. Surprised you not trying to crucify the poor guy for an unfair advantage.

Seriously the only slippery slope here is the thin arguments masquerading as moral compass lol

Kevin , 

Just man up and admit you are a liar and a cheat with NO moral compass at all ....

And there is lies the MORAL dilemma.

Why do it if you know you did wrong by the sport?

If it was me, I would have hanged my head in shame and spent the rest of my days riding alone in the forests thinking about life.

But that is just me.

And the rest of us bar Dieselndust .....

@DieselnDust,

What's up with you?

There's healthy debating going on and, yes, lots of emotional sentiment as cycling fans around here want to follow and adore hard working and honest professional athletes. 

Yet, you make relentless sarcastic remarks or cheap shots at contributors here.

Dunno hey.

It's not in a lekka spirit.

People chill. The internet is decades old and one would have thought that a classic troll would have been snipped sooner.

DieselInDust's entertaining mixture of "race" v "fun ride" rationalization and not-so-carefully concealed personal FU's reeks of classic internet trolling. 

Neeman mense, ons is darem al so bietjie slimmer as dit!

Whether one is allowed to race an unsanctioned event while serving a suspension is besides the point.

The fact that a rider choses to ride while suspended shows his lack of integrity.

A true measure of a person's character is when he shows consideration for others ie. the message that his participation sends to the rest of the cycling community.

When a person can come to the place of choosing to not ride even though they are allowed, shows that they have won the internal battle of selfishness and self entitlement for the benefit of the sport in general.

If we all could think of others a little more and a bit less of ourselves then this sport we love would be in a better place.

People chill. The internet is decades old and one would have thought that a classic troll would have been snipped sooner.

DieselInDust's entertaining mixture of "race" v "fun ride" rationalization and not-so-carefully concealed personal FU's reeks of classic internet trolling. 

Neeman mense, ons is darem al so bietjie slimmer as dit!

Classic BikeHub friday trolling. 

We do not agree so "its a troll".

Such a kindergarten mindset. Didn't they give you a turn on the junglegym ?

Construct an argument based on facts not what you feel someone else moral obligation is to a community. Your feelings were hurt by his ride? Go have coffee with your mum and ask for a hug

all this bitterness because an oke decided to go ride his bike......my v*k man.......what a messed up society we live in.

Look, so KE messed with your Argust seeding. Train harder cos 94.7 is coming up and he can't race you there.

BTW, didn't Lance ride Leadville 100miler again recently?

I don't think the problem here was if he was ALLOWED or NOT.

Out of here to ride my bike

Edited by Spinnekop

Construct an argument based on facts not what you feel someone else moral obligation is to a community. Your feelings were hurt by his ride? Go have coffee with your mum and ask for a hug

all this bitterness because an oke decided to go ride his bike......my v*k man.......what a messed up society we live in.

Look, so KE messed with your Argust seeding. Train harder cos 94.7 is coming up and he can't race you there.

Point beautifully and spectacularly proven.

whilst still under suspension from racing with his Racing License..

No Racing License needed for K2C.

Way I see it is he "raced" it like all the plebs did. For bragging rights shyts and giggles

Doping is also against the rules, didn't seem to bother him then. Funny how he is OK with certain rules when in his own best interest....

I actually thought your previous post was well argued and you made some interesting points, but then you shoot yourself in the foot with following it up with rubbish trolling like this.

Oh the irony

I have a very anti-doping stance and would love to see more getting caught, especially those in the Sub-vets, vets and master cats. 

Just some info: The vet etc categories aren't as rampant as everyone is lead to believe. 

this topic has had me smiling

its Friday, soon time to ride with our own like minded mates

there are a few chops out there, some even may think that of me. Find those on your wavelength and go have fun

its another story for those trying to eke out a living in the sport, one that will always have us with our own takes and conclusions. with all the passion in some of the comments shows that we do like riding bikes. 

my mind wishes to race like the body could, but realising im still healthy to just ride makes every ride or race awesome, regardless.