Anyone using Zwift?

Hi Zwifters

New to zwift and started a training plan which really keeps me motivated.

Surely I must have done a FTP test before I started the plan, but what I want to find out is if it’s possible to do the test even though I started the plan.

If I can still do the FTP test, will this have an effect on current plan and will plan be adjusted accordingly?

Yes it will. If I remember correctly when you go into your training programme on the menu screen before you start your latest FTP score is somewhere near the bottom right. If you change your FTP manually it will also adjust the programme difficulty.

You can even adjust the programme live - there are two tiny buttons under the instruction on the top left when you are training - you can use them to make the power a bit easier or harder by adjusting it 1% per click (there are some limits on how much you can adjust it).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zwifters

New to zwift and started a training plan which really keeps me motivated.

Surely I must have done a FTP test before I started the plan, but what I want to find out is if it’s possible to do the test even though I started the plan.

If I can still do the FTP test, will this have an effect on current plan and will plan be adjusted accordingly?

Hey. Yes you should have done an ftp test. You can do one any time and the plan will adjust itself to your ftp

• 4 weeks later...

I'm happy to continue with exactly what I have thank you. 

If the companion app is taken away I lose the HRM functions with the Apple Watch. 

Seems like they are offering more but also getting a little greedy. 

Zwift Considering $45/Month Plans and Huge List of New Features in Latest Survey

Seems soon you going to have to pay for the freebies in Zwift https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/08/zwift-considering-45-month-features-latest.html?fbclid=IwAR0DdAA_DS7FriHahLGrWrMOySH8uNDJapuGfwCKyr2EB3tJOuWB2BIVRig

... and the USD - ZAR is sitting above R17.00 again this week .... might become an expensive toy soon then?   :mellow: 

i'm happy with the current package, dont need their training plans and the companion app isn't a huge thing for me.

If the price rises by that much, I'd probably get more picky with which apps I subscribe to.

I'm currently paying for Zwift and Rouvy (which has the advantage that you can have more than one family member sharing).

Racing on RGT looks more interesting than on Zwift, and apparently there is a big update on the way, so that is one to keep an eye on.

Saw this comment on Reddit: 

I really enjoy Zwift, a lot, but if I end up having to pay that much, I'll dump it for something like Trainer Road just because my money would be better invested in my actual progression of fitness.

My sentiments are exactly the same

I started using my Garmin to do workouts, so easy, load the workout onto garmin calendar, when you switch on the workout downloads to your device and go, I watch youtube while doing the workout, Not sure I will be renewing my Rouvy subscription in 2021.

Online cycling and training apps are getting insane, and cyclists are getting caught up like sheeple in the insanity - What happened to the days where we just rode our bikes as hard and as long as our bodies would allow, and then smashed a coffee or a beer with our mates afterwards - ye ye COVID 19 and all that but its temporary !

Where we bitched that a decent bike cost 15 - 20 K but we unload 25K + on a IDT setup in a heartbeat.

will we become gamers ? all be it very fit gamers or will we remain cyclists.

Online cycling and training apps are getting insane, and cyclists are getting caught up like sheeple in the insanity - What happened to the days where we just rode our bikes as hard and as long as our bodies would allow, and then smashed a coffee or a beer with our mates afterwards - ye ye COVID 19 and all that but its temporary !

Where we bitched that a decent bike cost 15 - 20 K but we unload 25K + on a IDT setup in a heartbeat.

Yes, thank you, it's not for everyone.

I use to think like you then I experienced winter not that winterlite you have in South Africa :-)

God bless Zwift!

I use to think like you then I experienced winter not that winterlite you have in South Africa :-)

God bless Zwift!

HEY!

We had like 3 straight days of Sub-Zero minimum temperatures during our two weeks of Winter.

Don't be like that!

:P ;)

HEY!

We had like 3 straight days of Sub-Zero minimum temperatures during our two weeks of Winter.

Don't be like that!

:P ;)

Early on in Denmark I was out riding in winter - hopelessly under dressed in my SA "winter" clothing. I was about 5km from home freezing my arse off with numb everything when it started to rain....I was about to jump off and call a taxi when I realised the rain was solid and bouncing off me. Saved by the cold! Yay! Ironic but yay!

... and the USD - ZAR is sitting above R17.00 again this week .... might become an expensive toy soon then?   :mellow: 

if that is the case I will cancel my zwift subscription