Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

I've never met Barry, but have had enough pm chit chat to almost feel like I do. He's part of the furniture here, got loads of info to share, hell even used to be a Moderator

As for title suggestions - I know it's pretty serious and currently critical, but I think he would chuckle about this one.

post-1830-0-06549500-1487681393_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never met Barry, but have had enough pm chit chat to almost feel like I do. He's part of the furniture here, got loads of info to share, hell even used to be a Moderator

As for title suggestions - I know it's pretty serious and currently critical, but I think he would chuckle about this one.

attachicon.gifbarrym.jpg

Hmmm....forgot about that.Led to some stimulating debate.He is a top drawer guy tho and someone you can depend on.

from the Kuga thread...talk about bad luck.

I started carrying one after my '74 Beetle caught alight once. It was kinda comical. I was still drinking back then, and, upon leaving a bottle store, I noticed falmes coming from the engine. All I had to extinguish the blaze was beer! That annoyed me!

Just after I put it out, my ex-wife phoned and asked if my car had caught alight. I was, like, "Huh, how did you know?"

Turns out, she heard about it on the radio as a traffic alert, but it turned out that another Beetle had caught fire on the Atlas Road bridge!   

From Kevin:

I'm in the ICU with Barry Mccallum. The operation yesterday was a success, but they had to take off more skin than they originally thought. He essentially has no functioning skin on his back and his arms are quite badly burnt, as are his buttocks. It is likely he will have another operation this week.

He is heavily sedated and his kidneys are kept going via a dialysis machine. There are many machines that go ping in his ward. They go ping more often than I would like, and there are furious pressings of buttons. His blood pressure, temperature and food are regulated by those pings.

The doctor won't commit to a final prognosis now, but his recovery will take months. He is still fighting for his life. There is nothing certain. She has been impressed by how strong he is and how hard he is fighting.

The staff at the Glynnwood ICU have been quite amazing. Kind, professional, compassionate and, most importantly, honest. No false promises, no fake hope - just truth and a hand to hold.

The head of ICU at Glynnwood is Liam Brannigan. He is a CBC Boksburg old boy. My mother looked after him when he was in after care at the school. I think she many have given him the odd clip around the arse if he misbehaved. She will see him tomorrow morning.

They are restricting visits to close family only. So, apologies to all who would like to see him. He's in a dangerous stage of the process. Infection is the main danger now as they tend to his wounds.

I have set up an HQ at Grapes. It is down the road from the hospital. I won't be there all the time, but it is easier to talk there rather than in the cold, rush of the hospital.

Thanks again for all your thoughts. It has been overwhelming.

Heal up well TW .

Thoughts and prayers to him, his boys , family and friends .

It must be an unbelievably stressful time for all .

**** - just saw this. Barry was the first Hubber I ever met. Someone had found a dog and TW was adopting it, so I picked it up in Randburg and dropped it with him down Benoni way. He was such a great guy. Insisted on buying me a beer, even though he had just stopped drinking, and spent an hour or two chatting to a total stranger. Really genuine guy. He is in my thoughts very much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's really an awesome guy. I met him twice at a couple of mine dump rides many years ago. I'll be thinking of him and wishing for a quick recovery. Come on, Barry!