Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

The twats the got the trail closed between Contemans and Hillcrest (kluiprug I think) were not on ebikes.  Does that mean we must see all non ebike riders as the problem ?

I can promise you that there are more twats on Normal Mountain bikes than ebikes ..

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The twats the got the trail closed between Contemans and Hillcrest (kluiprug I think) were not on ebikes.  Does that mean we must see all non ebike riders as the problem ?

That was ONE twat .....

Just one singular rider that was stopped by the farmer, for riding private land way off the trails.  This singular rider could have appologised, but decided it was better to swear at the farmer .....

Farmer got on his phone, and instructed the club to close the trail.

Almost 10 000 members this year losing out due to the actions of ONE twat ...

That was ONE twat .....

Just one singular rider that was stopped by the farmer, for riding private land way off the trails.  This singular rider could have appologised, but decided it was better to swear at the farmer .....

Exactly .... but was he on a ebike ? NO .

So to come with a statement that ebikers are cause the closure of trails is not accurate. 

twats are causing the closures ... not the bikes they riding

Exactly .... but was he on a ebike ? NO .

So to come with a statement that ebikers are cause the closure of trails is not accurate.

twats are causing the closures ... not the bikes they riding

Actually is very accurate.

These trails were closed because of ebikers and no one else.

In all the videos where confrontations took place the riders were on ebikes.

Motorists don’t like road cyclists much but there’s not much they can do about it.

When people don’t like mountain bikers/ebikers they’ll close off their land.

I know a few ebikers and sometimes ride with them and no problems at all.So definitely not all of them.These youngsters feel they can do as they please though.

Thinking of getting my wife one for summer[emoji106]

You getting the wife a youngster or an e-bike?  :ph34r:

eMBN regularly test e-bikes with motors in excess of 1kW.  These things are seriously powerful !!  Easy to cause damage to trails with this ....

In fact, with a 250W motor set to full boost it is "very easy" to spin the rear wheel coming out of slow turns !!  

Uhm ja .....   :whistling:  :ph34r:  interesting range of skill levels amongst ebike riders ....  or lack thereoff ... 

I can wheel spin the SS MTB on a gravel drive way .. one gear, no motor 

The fastest category in bicycling in the world sales skyrocketing of Ebikes. I’ve seen haters turn into lovers Ebike opens a whole New World of exploration for both fit mountain bikers and unfit. Their predictions that upmarket bicycle stores in the next five years will be selling more than 50% will be Ebikes. We ride with a number of clubs and there a Ebikes in all of the clubs there’s no issues in fact it’s such a pleasure to have these people on board more people = safety, fun times in the saddle riding with your buddies that wouldn’t ride with you makes all of this possible. I see fathers riding with a sons and Daughters and wives. Ebikes are amazing!

Not mpuntain related but interesting nonetheless. Re the dh speed, I think the video I watched tested the Canyon Spectral against the eBike version. 8n typical Brit fashion the trail was tight and slithery so top speed probably did jot exceed the eBikes limiter.

That was ONE twat .....

Happened to me a couple of years back. Got lost on a trail network in extreme heat and I was overheating. Found a paved road and decided to go up to find the trail back. Halfway up the paved road the farmers wife drives up( extremely sexy by the way) stops and asks if everything is ok and why am I there. I apologies and explain and she is like take the next turn to you left further up.

She was very kind, would of been nice if she offered something cold to drink as her driveway was the very next right long before the left I had to take!

Happened to me a couple of years back. Got lost on a trail network in extreme heat and I was overheating. Found a paved road and decided to go up to find the trail back. Halfway up the paved road the farmers wife drives up( extremely sexy by the way) stops and asks if everything is ok and why am I there. I apologies and explain and she is like take the next turn to you left further up.

She was very kind, would of been nice if she offered something cold to drink as her driveway was the very next right long before the left I had to take!

I am pretty sure any landowner or human being will reciprocate with kindness if you approach them with respect and kindness.

Actually is very accurate.

These trails were closed because of ebikers and no one else.

In all the videos where confrontations took place the riders were on ebikes.

Motorists don’t like road cyclists much but there’s not much they can do about it.

When people don’t like mountain bikers/ebikers they’ll close off their land.

Im not disputing they were not on ebike, but to blame all bikes because of that closure is like blaming all analog bikers for the closure of kliprug trail ...  And I can bet more trails in the world have been closed due to analogs than ebike .... so stop blaming the bikes and start blaming the people riding them. 

I might as well blame all BWM drivers cause one twat did not use his indicator this morning.