Bike Hub Features

Oops, Hairy's fetish is out the closet... Nude men on ebikes [emoji14]

Let me Google that .............

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please share when you find the perfect comeback line as I see I will need it as well based on some peoples need to make stupid comments  :cursing:

Haha these days I am finding the okes on the e-bikes chirping us more than the other way around. Maybe the are just being proactive  :ph34r:

I've found people on the Tygerberg trails are generally friendly and not phased by an ebike overtaking - or maybe I don't hang around long enough to find out haha. As an ebike rider, just gotta be kind and respectful, most people respond in kind. I'm polite on a normal bike too... mostly, but on a normal bike I feel compelled to overtake haha, just a question of when.

Edited by aquaratza

Apparently there is a new mental disorder that's been identified and is caused by eBikes. Its known as "Range Anxiety" and is characterized by nervous twitches and a constant need to view the screen or phone app while riding. 

Apparently there is a new mental disorder that's been identified and is caused by eBikes. Its known as "Range Anxiety" and is characterized by nervous twitches and a constant need to view the screen or phone app while riding. 

Wondering how long you're going to last is not limited to riding eBikes...  :ph34r:

THAT is the truth ....  :eek:   :whistling:   :ph34r:

Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

In keeping with the pointless theme, can I ask if Baggies are allowed on the road?

I ask cause the other day I say this guy on a TT bike wearing baggies. And he wasn't just pottering to the shops, whilst he wasn't going very fast, he was clearly out on a training ride.

Also listening keenly as my SO is also considering getting herself an e-bike to ride with me.

What about : “ I ride an ebike because I can afford one”:

Initially the range anxiety was really bad - mainly caused by my speedy ebike cycling friend having a lighter ebike (24kg vs 20kg) with a more efficient motor (20%) and a 40% bigger battery (500Wh vs 700Wh)... but it's getting better now. I haven't run out once to date and we do long rides (65km+). Range anxiety is really illogical because, while it sucks to have no assistance on a 24kg bike, it's really not that bad (unless there's a strong headwind home as there so often is).

You definitely get better at estimating power usage, power remaining and planning your efforts. Also, the assistance the bike gives has a seemingly almost exponential relationship with battery usage - so TURBO is a fast way getting to 0.

It's fun, adds another dimension, a different challenge.

In keeping with the pointless theme, can I ask if Baggies are allowed on the road?

I ask cause the other day I say this guy on a TT bike wearing baggies. And he wasn't just pottering to the shops, whilst he wasn't going very fast, he was clearly out on a training ride.

This, and e-bikes, and discs on road bikes, and dropper post on XC bike, and using trail bike on XC circuit, and using XC bike on tar road, and ..., should just not be allowed!

All of these inappropriate behaviours just lead to more innovation and who in their right mind wants that? 

Edited by vanniri

This, and e-bikes, and discs on road bikes, and dropper post on XC bike, and using trail bike on XC circuit, and using XC bike on tar road, and ..., should just not be allowed!

All of these inappropriate behaviours just lead to more innovation and who in their right mind wants that? 

YAY ! Short socks are in! On an ebike, of course :D

YAY ! Short socks are in! On an ebike, of course :D

Go wash your mouth out with soap, infidel! Short socks are never in, EVER, doesn't matter what bike [emoji12]

There was some guy at Cowhouse 3 weeks ago that made some snarky comment to my sister in law and wife. My wife rides an e-bike.

All I can say is, lucky for him I was not with them.

I get remarks and my mates get remarks often on the climbs....I just chirp them back on the descent[emoji106][emoji1787]

More and more youngsters out on ebikes and just causing chaos[emoji85]

I ask cause the other day I say this guy on a TT bike wearing baggies. 

Was the bike not stolen?