Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

Here's my 2020 Diverge E5, taken for its first off-tar ride (yes, I know I'm walking :whistling: ) yesterday. Got it from Freewheel Cycology just before lockdown,

post-3655-0-99726600-1593413815_thumb.jpg

Have already swopped the 100mm stem for a 80mm Lyne (and flipped it up). Running the FutureShock with its firmest spring to prevent bottoming. On order are some goodies in the form of a GRX 812 rear derailleur and GRX 40t single crankset. I'm also very tempted to slap on some of these to replace the 35c slicks.

Any ideas where I can find some nice 460mm flared alloy bars? All the usual online suspects seem to only have either 420mm or carbon versions of stuff in stock.

Edited by LazyEnduroRider

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that fast - quite a bit of rolling resistance, otherwise awesome tyres. Been looking around at a replacement set (faster on the road) once these are worn. Think Panaracer GravelKing SK will be great.

For a lot of road use, I think the WTB Byways would be brilliant!

I see a GravelKing SS is on the way. Similar to the WTB byways.

Here's my 2020 Diverge E5, taken for its first off-tar ride (yes, I know I'm walking :whistling: ) yesterday. Got it from Freewheel Cycology just before lockdown,

attachicon.gifIMG_2495.jpg

Have already swopped the 100mm stem for a 80mm Lyne (and flipped it up). Running the FutureShock with its firmest spring to prevent bottoming. On order are some goodies in the form of a GRX 812 rear derailleur and GRX 40t single crankset. I'm also very tempted to slap on some of these to replace the 35c slicks.

Any ideas where I can find some nice 460mm flared alloy bars? All the usual online suspects seem to only have either 420mm or carbon versions of stuff in stock.

i got ally TRC Dirtectech , 440/450 which is just too wide for me....looks like about 15deg flare...yours if you come fetch it....

This is Kevin - The Curve GRX 

Titanium perfection - I have some lovely bikes I rotate.  Haven't looked at them since I got this.  I have lost interest in anything bike related.  It's a love story for the ages

Curve Carbon wide rim wheels with DT swiss 350s

520 wide flared bars

lauf gravel fork

XX1 crank painted to match custom lauf 

garburuk 42T chainring with matching deraileur cage and jockeys

10/50 AXS

sram red shifters and brakes

shimano rotors

spez gravel seatpost

farr saddle

panaracer 43c

post-81229-0-33770100-1593493532_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2495.jpg

I'm also very tempted to slap on some of these to replace the 35c slicks

The pirelli cinturato hard tyres are a great choice . Quick rolling and enough grip and Cush.

As for the flared bar,what about a curve walmer bar.

post-51529-0-55999500-1593497145_thumb.png

Titanium perfection - I have some lovely bikes I rotate.  Haven't looked at them since I got this.  I have lost interest in anything bike related.  It's a love story for the ages

520 wide flared bars

lauf gravel fork

10/50 AXS

shimano rotors

spez gravel seatpost

farr saddle

panaracer 43c

We can now close this thread.....no more to be said.

520 wide flared bars

lauf gravel fork

10/50 AXS

shimano rotors

spez gravel seatpost

farr saddle

panaracer 43c

Yoh! :drool:

Not mine but a bike that I recently built up, which has added another bike to the want list. GT Grade Carbon Pro.

Whoa, those spaghetti seat stays straight to the top tube would make me very nervous...is there some sort of flex there?

Whoa, those spaghetti seat stays straight to the top tube would make me very nervous...is there some sort of flex there?

Yup. Flex stays to take the sting out of the Groad. I can’t remember the exact number but I think there is about 25mm of flex from them.

Had it about a month now and I guess it fits in this thread too. 2020/2021 Spez Diverge Comp Carbon

3e0371ab497a286db3df7bdefac061b9.jpg

Awesome bike, sure you will have many happy km's on it :). I was also looking at what options etc when I arrive. Is pricing roughly same as in SA? Been on chain reaction cycles website as they based in Belfast and trying to gauge pricing vs specialized. 

Edited by Let's Ride

Yup. Flex stays to take the sting out of the Groad. I can’t remember the exact number but I think there is about 25mm of flex from them.

Cool tech! Looks pretty awesome actually...!