Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone from KZN in group 2A??????

Please announce yourself.

You're not more worried about the thousand odd foreigners who've flown in from all over the world in giant winged incubators for the bike race...

Kind of relieved I'm missing it (the expo in particular) for the first time in over a decade... it's not the healthiest environment at the best of times  :blush:  

If it is the same voucher as previous years, it is only for your first purchase or a new user. So if you already have a takealot account you can't use it. This is the reason My wife, 3 kids and myself all have takealot profiles. I can now no longer use any voucher like that.

Takealot still hasn't realised they have Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama and Donald Trump online accounts with them... 

This Covid 19 stuff makes me wonder -

Number of people who have died of Covid19 so far globally - 3200.

Number of people who died in South Africa alone of TB in 2018 - 62000

Number of people who died of non-Covid19 influenza in ZA annually - approx 8000

R0 is a statistical concept used to quantify how contagious an infection might be.

Untrated TB - Approx 10. Common Influenza : Approx 2. 

COVID19 -- estimates suggest about 2.2

Ride the CTCT folks - I don't think it's the massive mother nature corrective feedback loop we know we are due --- not this time.

R0 is a statistical concept used to quantify how contagious an infection might be.

Ride the CTCT folks - I don't think it's the massive mother nature corrective feedback loop we know we are due --- not this time.

Correct, If it aint turning people into Zombies, Werewolves or Vampires...I'm not worried.

(Mind you, looking at peeps in traffic on their phones, I think we already have zombies..or the Wall-e version of "People")

From Godless:

"I've seen my death, This aint it..."

Your sums are a bit misleading... but agreed, you'd need some seriously bad luck to pick it up at the Argus. 

There's also a big difference between working at the expo for 4 days with thousands of other people, and popping in to collect your race number. 

It's still early days here, but it's probably for the best the Argus is this weekend and not in a couple weeks time.

If you look how it's gone in Italy, things like Two Oceans might well be at risk heading forward

some sense at last. thank you

So I am on leave tomorrow to sort a few things before I leave on Saturday. So I probably won't be on here much until Monday when I am back at work.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!! I hope you all have a jol and the weather is good. I hope to meet a few new hubbers on the day. Keep the rubber side down and remember to respect your fellow riders as well as everyone that has worked long hours to make the day a success. So when that old rotary toppie asks you to please keep moving after the finish line, don't swear him and just be cool.(have seen it happen......)

EVERYBODY SAY HOOPLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

safe travels

You're not more worried about the thousand odd foreigners who've flown in from all over the world in giant winged incubators for the bike race...

Kind of relieved I'm missing it (the expo in particular) for the first time in over a decade... it's not the healthiest environment at the best of times  :blush:  

To the gents in 1B... If you're taking the wind in the front, you have no chance of infection from the guys behind you. Its borderline irresponsible to not ride on the front in times like this. Be safe guys... stay away from the dangerous infection/slipstream zone in the bunch  ;)