• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Nakoota said:

How not to remove these confounded bloody ESI Chunky grips

FCBCC7E4-6988-4BC9-AD9A-29C67FA19080.JPG.8eb797814f8de70eda67fa52c2a9b359.JPG

Well, it's off :)

Without a compressor or maybe a syringe with soapy water it's going to be tricky to get those off.

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

A wood clamp will hold your headset in place and give you a spot for your handlebar, stem, and spacers. 194C9C6A-2A70-4A7C-A6B0-89266DC4228C.jpeg.0f7713c22ac93ceb5ee020b90cd12a4a.jpeg

That is cool.

Also enjoying the two tone walls with the use of a picture rail.

2 hours ago, Nakoota said:

How not to remove these confounded bloody ESI Chunky grips

FCBCC7E4-6988-4BC9-AD9A-29C67FA19080.JPG.8eb797814f8de70eda67fa52c2a9b359.JPG

Did your dog chew those off for you?

17 minutes ago, Hairy said:

That is cool.

Also enjoying the two tone walls with the use of a picture rail.

The bike room still needs to be painted. 😂

3 hours ago, MrJacques said:

Well, it's off :)

Without a compressor or maybe a syringe with soapy water it's going to be tricky to get those off.

Ye, I tried the syringe but this one was too bloody tight so i was jiggling a phillips screwdriver in the try get a gap and obviously jiggled too hard.

I normally do ok just getting a silicone nozzle into the end and then squirting soapy water in from a spray bottle.

55 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Did your dog chew those off for you?

You'd be surprised how easily they tear after a screwdriver has been put through. Basically like taking masking tape off.

I built this for a friend, only part I struggle with was this bloody grip, Otherwise I built it from the ground up including brake bleeds etc.

Hope nothing falls off on his test ride tomorrow :)

IMG_2378.JPG

4 minutes ago, Nakoota said:

You'd be surprised how easily they tear after a screwdriver has been put through. Basically like taking masking tape off.

I built this for a friend, only part I struggle with was this bloody grip, Otherwise I built it from the ground up including brake bleeds etc.

Hope nothing falls off on his test ride tomorrow :)

IMG_2378.JPG

Damned she looks great!
I gave up on ESI grips back in the day when I used to have a Single Speed as my every day ride. When out the saddle grinding up a climb, the way they "squished" used to irritate me.
Since then a thinner firmer grip has been my preferred choice.
The ESI's are pretty comfy though for longer rides.
I am sure your friend will be loving that bike build!

22 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

A wood clamp will hold your headset in place and give you a spot for your handlebar, stem, and spacers. 194C9C6A-2A70-4A7C-A6B0-89266DC4228C.jpeg.0f7713c22ac93ceb5ee020b90cd12a4a.jpeg

Somebody was watching GMBN

21 hours ago, PhilipV said:

Ek het al 'n BB tool in die bank skroef vas gedraai, die raam ingesit en BB los gedraai. Aluminium rame buig meer as wat mens dink. 

We have to do this at least once a month. It's the best way of getting decent leverage and decent stability.

I torqued the suspension bushes on my Scott what it says on the bush(15NM - I only torqued to 13) and it Cracked, it going to cost big if I can not find someone to tig the flanges back on, hopefully a Welder at my work can help me out.

9 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I torqued the suspension bushes on my Scott what it says on the bush(15NM - I only torqued to 13) and it Cracked, it going to cost big if I can not find someone to tig the flanges back on, hopefully a Welder at my work can help me out.

Standard on the older Sparks. A Scott dealer my have spares knocking around, otherwise it's a pivot kit.