Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

If Karen walks her poopup for 9 hours is it not physical exercise using a lot of energy? Yes it may be slow consumption of energy but over a long time it becomes a lot of energy. See where I am going here- it is again open to interpretation.

A run is different, definitely vigorous but manage your risks.

More like a slow sustained movement. Unless Karen is 30kg overweight and breathing like a walrus in heat. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. The dictionary defines it as any physical exercise using a lot of energy. So it excludes Karen walking her Shitzu around the block. I'm not using a mask when running.

Don't you dare try tell Karen that...

There's a reason they generally don't do loopholes on rules, because 90% of South Africans will abuse it :)

the stupidity of that rule though... it is when doing a vigourous effort that you breathe hard enough to be a possible danger to others, not when you walk in the streets.

It is absolutely impossible to avoid runners by 3 meters, everytime I walk my baby in her pram some runner comes nearly dying and breathing at my face, so why should I wear a mask if he doesn't ? When I run I at least try to put my mask on when I'm close to other people, that seems to be common sense when you are not a prick but seems most runners just don't give a f***

So either they are mandatory for everyone or not... (I'm talking outdoors, indoors they must be worn, period)

Edited by Jbr

If Karen walks her poopup for 9 hours is it not physical exercise using a lot of energy? Yes it may be slow consumption of energy but over a long time it becomes a lot of energy. See where I am going here- it is again open to interpretation.

A run is different, definitely vigorous but manage your risks.

My post said around the block. But if she wants to do it for 9 hours then according to regulations she doesn't need to wear a mask.

My post said around the block. But if she wants to do it for 9 hours then according to regulations she doesn't need to wear a mask.

maybe she is so fat and unfit that it takes her 9 hours to walk around the block, or maybe the block is so big, or maybe its a combination of the 2.

Doesnt matter, its Karen, she'll use the time to report the activities of others. :)

OK so this then fits into the guidelines by the WHO. I wonder if the you're a murderer glares will stop.

Everyone on here knows what vigorous exercise is. Apart from maybe (insert bitchy comment here)

British sex?  :ph34r:

the stupidity of that rule though... it is when doing a vigourous effort that you breathe hard enough to be a possible danger to others, not when you walk in the streets.

It is absolutely impossible to avoid runners by 3 meters, everytime I walk my baby in her pram some runner comes nearly dying and breathing at my face, so why should I wear a mask if he doesn't ? When I run I at least try to put my mask on when I'm close to other people, that seems to be common sense when you are not a prick but seems most runners just don't give a f***

So either they are mandatory for everyone or not... (I'm talking outdoors, indoors they must be worn, period)

The intention from Government is good in the sense that they are at least trying to accommodate people who are doing proper hard training (intervals etc) but in practice I can also not see how it is going to work. 

The poor Minister of Health who must now draft sensible, logical and enforceable regulations/guidelines in this regard has been set up for failure imo.

The intention from Government is good in the sense that they are at least trying to accommodate people who are doing proper hard training (intervals etc) but in practice I can also not see how it is going to work. 

The poor Minister of Health who must now draft sensible, logical and enforceable regulations/guidelines in this regard has been set up for failure imo.

yeah I'm happy I don't have to make the rules :D

Need a mtb and secure private trails then. I would ideally be spending the next 6 months in the wilderness in my caravan riding gravel roads near nobody and home schooling my kids.

you described my life but without a caravan

Thank goodness because a caravan in 6 degrees can't be much fun

The only thing a caravan is good for is a bit of kindling for a braai.

Watch your mouth! That think is LUXURY in Hartenbos! 

Space for all my bikes and charges, ski stuff and my dirty kit, perfect.