Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Any bets on what "relaxed exercise regulations" is going to mean?

Trail access?

longer hours?

extended circle of doom borders?

surfing?

probably bigger window during the day, not so sure about more PoT (lol) or surfing imo. it would suggest opening the beaches and everything that goes with that I guess.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you honestly think any saps is going to goon strava and prosecute anyone that doesn't stick to the rules? Or rather, do you think they even know about strava, and are that hard-working to even bother.

Sounds a bit like a Karen move to me. 

1*eFr7mEZlFcXSacSVC-A9rA.gif

Well they locked up a friend of mine for having a bottle of wine is his boot that he bought before lockdown and just forgot to remove.

They are income starved at the moment dont for one moment think "Ag they wont check my Strava jo" cause hey are looking for a reason to make examples of ppl to supliment their income. You paying the bail now is a income stream and you claiming it back over 3 years is quite a lucrative way of suplimentation if you even bother trying to get it back 

I personally cant wait for them to grab a group of "Lekker social ride more oggend 6am" group and charge them all to make a propper example.

Lets hope its outside the raduis after 9am and they not wearing masks because "I will mos do what I want"

Edited by MTB-More

Trail access?

longer hours?

surfing?

I am happy to stick to the 5km P.O.T. if they relax the self inflicted waterboarding rule

I am happy to stick to the 5km P.O.T. if they relax the self inflicted waterboarding rule

no hardship staying within 5kms at present....but pass me a beer when i finish...( maybe its a bit early for that...)

Trail access?

longer hours?

surfing?

My guess...

- No more trail access than what is currently allowed

- Longer hours, maybe an extra hour in the morning and a 2 or 3 hour slot in the afternoon, any luck they remove the time restrictions all together. Doesn't make much of a difference to me though, I have to ride in the 6 to 9 window anyway so I can get to work on time. An afternoon slot to walk the dogs would be great though.

- No extension of the circle of doom

- Maybe allow some water sports but that would mean they have to open beaches, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about that

I am guessing online shopping is going to be given a bit more leeway though.

Damn it was cold on the east rand this morning

Yeah, I saw the cold mist rolling in and went onto the rollers instead.

Well they locked up a friend of mine for having a bottle of wine is his boot that he bought before lockdown and just forgot to remove.

They are income starved at the moment dont for one moment think "Ag they wont check my Strava jo" cause hey are looking for a reason to make examples of ppl to supliment their income. You paying the bail now is a income stream and you claiming it back over 3 years is quite a lucrative way of suplimentation if you even bother trying to get it back 

I personally cant wait for them to grab a group of "Lekker social ride more oggend 6am" group and charge them all to make a propper example.

Lets hope its outside the raduis after 9am and they not wearing masks because "I will mos do what I want"

Dunno man, I've got better things to do than worry about what silly rules people break, like minding my own business as an example. 

Lol I've never seen so many people talking about Strava...

Did you know it is possible to go for a ride and not upload the ride to Strava? It's possible, I swear.

not if you want to fit 100km into a 5km radius without crossing the same street twice though....

probably bigger window during the day, not so sure about more PoT (lol) or surfing imo. it would suggest opening the beaches and everything that goes with that I guess.

snip

- Maybe allow some water sports but that would mean they have to open beaches, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about that

I am thinking surfing may make it onto the list, seeing as we are entering winter, which is not exactly "beach" weather. Being a retired surfer, I can vouch for the fact of the beaches not getting crowded by sun seekers until at least early October.

Winter is prime surf season on the other hand. If it stays locked down, I feel pity for the guys and gals desperate for a paddle.

Dunno man, I've got better things to do than worry about what silly rules people break, like minding my own business as an example. 

The problem is the arrogance of some individuals that go out of their way to try and push the boundaries. Get caught and then plays the victim.

In all honesty they can do whatever makes them happy and when they get caught all they do is add comical value because they asked for it and gives me something to laugh about

Edited by MTB-More