Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

df61cd0a279c98f237f64a7c0ed6df34.jpg

0d437701bd5548462f1ad019949e160c.jpg

THANKS.

They have thus effectively skipped Level 3 and gone straight to Level 2 ..... 

Previously the "Level 3" list still had various businesses closed, that are now open under the revised "Level 3" guidelines .... clearly the pleas to open the industry has been heard ....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS.

They have thus effectively skipped Level 3 and gone straight to Level 2 .....

Previously the "Level 3" list still had various businesses closed, that are now open under the revised "Level 3" guidelines .... clearly the pleas to open the industry has been heard ....

I’ll share more as it is sent to me.

There's a bike park in South Africa?

:) Those 'whatever  individual's may call them' places where one normally pays and can ride a bike on a trail etc. etc. etc. etc.

For the love of all things holy can one of the many whiners about cyclists riding in groups please define exactly (not more than about ... Or more or less ... Just an actual bloody number!) how many constitutes a 'group' so that we can all conform to their rules?

Bloody curtain twitchers everywhere!

For the love of all things holy can one of the many whiners about cyclists riding in groups please define exactly (not more than about ... Or more or less ... Just an actual bloody number!) how many constitutes a 'group' so that we can all conform to their rules?

Bloody curtain twitchers everywhere!

hahaha, conventional wisdom would probably suggest at the very least - 3. Remember to ride side by side though....you know...because corona-vapor in the slipstream and all.

hahaha, conventional wisdom would probably suggest at the very least - 3. Remember to ride side by side though....you know...because corona-vapor in the slipstream and all.

'at the very least' ???? but that would also be my thinking ... It would appear however that some people even consider two a group ????

'at the very least' but that would also be my thinking ... It would appear however that some people even consider two a group

yea.....like there is absolutely no chance that your wife or maybe two sons are also living under your roof and cycling with you.

we have a similar issue at the moment with prenatal scans and things. I'm not allowed anywhere near the hospital when my pregnant wife goes for scans....which sucks.

Nevermind the fact that if I were sick...she would be sick too and vice versa....and their argument would be invalid....like all the rest of this BS. But dont you dare try and argue logic with them...

also...the really nazi ones wont even allow you to take video on your cellphone for your partner becasue it is usually not allowed in anycase. So yes...my first experience as a dad to be so far has been limited to secondhand still photos....

but i digress.

As was said by the Pres, it is in our hands now.

Don't mind the curtain twitchers too much. I wanted to say "use common logic", but we all have different views on what is "acceptable risk"

Everyone who lives with you under the same roof is fair game for exercise in a "group" outside.

Where it gets tricky is people from different households exercising together, as you do not know their hygiene practices, or that of the other people in their homes/places of work, which you are now linked to via your trainer partner. (Asymptomatic/presymptomatic infectiousness etc)

But if you sit at the front of the group in the wind the whole day I'd say you are safe as can be... don't know about the guys behind you though...

As time moves on I can feel my vigilance just moving down a notch or two, which is actually not the right thing to do, as our numbers are only increasing and we need to stay vigilant.

It is not about pleasing the Karen's and not being pulled over by the cops. It is about you and me, and reducing our own risk, while still enjoying the things we like.

Riding around in a group of 10, for 3 hours, in close proximity, with your buffs around your necks isn't worth the risk for me right now, but for others it might be.

Where it gets tricky is people from different households exercising together, as you do not know their hygiene practices, or that of the other people in their homes/places of work, which you are now linked to via your trainer partner. (Asymptomatic/presymptomatic infectiousness etc)

the other day at the supermarket getting the week's food...I see a mom with her teen daughter loitering" in the parking lot as I load the stuff into the car. Next moment, 3 other moms and respective teen daughters rock up and like you'd expect from teen girls....it's all hugs and kisses and group embracing....with all three moms taking video (hopefully not to put on facebook haha)

OBVIOUSLY they arranged a quick parkinglot get together for the depressed kids LOL.

Edit: now if I were a Karen...i would totally have video-ception'd (take video of them taking video lol) that crap and called the police with all of their numberplates haha 

Edited by morneS555

the other day at the supermarket getting the week's food...I see a mom with her teen daughter loitering" in the parking lot as I load the stuff into the car. Next moment, 3 other moms and respective teen daughters rock up and like you'd expect from teen girls....it's all hugs and kisses and group embracing....with all three moms taking video (hopefully not to put on facebook haha)

OBVIOUSLY they arranged a quick parkinglot get together for the depressed kids LOL.

Edit: now if I were a Karen...i would totally have video-ception'd (take video of them taking video lol) that crap and called the police with all of their numberplates haha 

Ah man, you missed a great opportunity to create a social media Sh$%storm. Imagine if you posted that video to #BlackTwitter, they would have ripped them to pieces.

PS. To those who can't see the FONT, it's Comic Sans.

Ah man, you missed a great opportunity to create a social media Sh$%storm. Imagine if you posted that video to #BlackTwitter, they would have ripped them to pieces.

PS. To those who can't see the FONT, it's Comic Sans.

like the video posted earlier about the woman with the dog

....the irony of it all is hilarious. So you post a video of someone freaking out because you confronted them about something. So basically you are being a Karen...posting a video about a Karen...being a Karen.

thats some deepdive Karenception right there

Edited by morneS555

like the video posted earlier about the woman with the dog

....the irony of it all is hilarious. So you post a video of someone freaking out because you confronted them about something. So basically you are being a Karen...posting a video about a Karen...being a Karen.

thats some deepdive Karenception right there

Karenception..........