Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

But saying 'science' then opening churches in the same breath.... It is beyond laughable.

What science guided that decision? There was an utterance of spiritual calm or some such. Well my spirit is calmed by getting barrelled off my face at Dunes and spending time up the mountain. Quite often alone.

I am currently firmly established in the 'severely angry' phase of dealing with this. It's not the fact that it's crippled my business and left my wife and I without an income. That anger is directed firmly at the decision makers telling big fat porky pies.

I have no agenda, I don't feel victimised and I don't believe the conspiracy theories being thrown around. I just feel like the opening of churches while keeping open areas closed has just completely nullified credibility of everything.

I feel as though I would potentially get uppity and would voluntarily fist fight these clowns making incoherent bleetings.

This about sums it up!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip.... perhaps we deserve a Government that treats us like babies as many of us including CSA are clearly unable to read a basic Gov Gazette Notice.

I know, I quite literally had to explain it to some woman on Facebook twice. I typed out a nice long paragraph explaining to here what the gazette said re exercise and she replies "well in my opinion, the 5km radius still applies" like WTF has your opinion got to do with what the law says.

"Open access parks namely Golden Gate National Park [in the Free State] and Table Mountain National Park [in the Western Cape] with the exception of Boulders Beach and Cape Point will allow access to visitors from 1 June 2020," SANParks said in a statement late on Sunday afternoon"

Edit: Just leaving this here for Karen to interpret....

Edited by capediver

"Open access parks namely Golden Gate National Park [in the Free State] and Table Mountain National Park [in the Western Cape] with the exception of Boulders Beach and Cape Point will allow access to visitors from 1 June 2020," SANParks said in a statement late on Sunday afternoon"

Edit: Just leaving this here for Karen to interpret....

Jonkershoek open tomorrow too.

So many people including CSA questioning the unmentioned 5k rule that it'll probably end up being added again. You have to just shake your head..

There's really nothing to add.and it really really surprises me that people don't read.

How this thing works is that the Legislation published on 18th March applies. Chapters 1 and 2 are enfforceable for theduration of the lockdown and what it says in there at every lock down level is applicable and enforceable.

Chapter 3 applies in Alert level 4 - 5km radius 6aam to 9am, no groups

Chapter 4 applies in Alert Level 3  no restriction on movement, exercise 6am t0 6pm, no permits needed to move around, no groups, parties, especially orgies.

Chapter 5 will apply in alert level 2

Chapter 6 in AL1

then it should evaporate if we burn enough tyres, toi toi and sacrifice enough lentils.

I live in hopes that more people cycling means more people considering cyclists when they’re driving

yeah nah that's not happening, still lots of ***** out there at the moment... plus the usual taxi ***** that pass you full speed with a 2cm margin only to stand on the brakes right in front of you

I live in hopes that more people cycling means more people considering cyclists when they’re driving

I found the opposite. People are used to driving with their eyes closed because there was previously no traffic, and no laws apply during L5 & L4 as we know. I almost got hit yesterday when someone drove through a red light in front of me, I don't know how I stayed upright. Didn't give me a seconds notice. One of a handful of people driving through reds, and not only taxis.

So an official SANparks statement released yesterday says Golden Gate and TMNP are open.... It specifies Boulders Beach and Cape Point as being closed as they are not 'free access'...

Where does that leave us with Tokai?

If we have a level 3 activity permit, can we access Tokai? It hasn't said not........ 

On the eve of being allowed to run up the mountain for the 1st time in months, I tripped over the baby play pen and dislocated my baby toe. My left foot is currently all shades of purple. Pretty much sums up 2020!

hahahahahaha

So an official SANparks statement released yesterday says Golden Gate and TMNP are open.... It specifies Boulders Beach and Cape Point as being closed as they are not 'free access'...

If we have a level 3 activity permit, can we access Tokai? It hasn't said not........ 

On the eve of being allowed to run up the mountain for the 1st time in months, I tripped over the baby play pen and dislocated my baby toe. My left foot is currently all shades of purple. Pretty much sums up 2020!

hahahahahaha

Ah no thats kaka man! Speedy recovery to you

Probably better to cycle now. Its the universe aligning

Edited by DieselnDust

Tokai still closed as it is access controlled, not open access. Same as with Boulders and Cape Point. Under Level 3 they could not justify to bring staff back to work to man these access points as it is not essential enough with the tourism industry still firmly shut down.

(Let's not say anything about the fact that under Level 4 they managed to justify getting many more staff back to work to block all kinds of obscure access points to the mountain that would normally be open.)  :ph34r:

Ah no thats kaka man! Speedy recovery to you

Probably better to cycle now. Its the universe aligning

I'm going to try spin the feet over this afternoon... It's in front of the pivot point so hopefully I can just grit my teeth and enjoy it.

Tokai still closed as it is access controlled, not open access. Same as with Boulders and Cape Point. Under Level 3 they could not justify to bring staff back to work to man these access points as it is not essential enough with the tourism industry still firmly shut down.

(Let's not say anything about the fact that under Level 4 they managed to justify getting many more staff back to work to block all kinds of obscure access points to the mountain that would normally be open.)  :ph34r:

I was under the same impression BUT it doesn't specify Tokai, so I was sort of edging towards the 'why specify'... Can we ride up Ou WaPad? I mean, I need the same permit to run my dog up the mountain as I do to ride..... 

I also saw about 200 people surfing in Muizenberg this morning.... Hopefully that gets a 'go for it'

There's more than enough riding for everyone now tho.

If okes aren't riding now coz Tokai is closed then the the truth is they are just lazy slobs and parking off at home under the guise of a "lockdown" suites them just fine.

Edited by Duane_Bosch