Bloody drunkard

NotSoBigBen

I live a few blocks away, I was on my way back from the cycle shop, and the response car came flying past, and a few minutes later the ambulance, I sadly drove past. 

it's absolutely tragic, and felt sick to my stomach for the victim, and for their loved ones, truly heartbroken. 

I was an alcoholic many years back, not a social drinker, and I never ever drove with alcohol in my system, I was always the sober person at the pub or break, I was a quiet alcoholic, at night, alone.

Irrespective I quit 6-7 years ago and have never drunk again. 

I truly hope something is done, and the might of punishment rains down on this individual. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And one of the reasons I quit BMX with my 2 kids in 2018. Sunday race, 10am and many a father a few beers down already. In the sun and by lunchtime it was just an environment I didn’t want me or my kids to be in anymore... Had it been finish race day, light the braai and enjoy 2 beers it would have been a complete different story.

same reason we stopped going to the Vaal when we had a boat. By 11am there were to many drunk idiots piloting boats up and down the river for it to be enjoyable for us.

And in KZN a gesuipte truck driver plowed into a taxi and a crowd of pedestrians killing 8 and injuring scores more.

I support the alcohol limit being 0.00% or alternatively a ban on sales of alcohol in totality.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/8-dead-multiple-injured-after-truck-crashes-into-pedestrians-vehicles-in-kzn-20200610

That would not solve the problem as the people involved in these incidents are WAAAAY over even the old 0.05%. Changing the laws do not solve the problem. When will people understand this.

The only thing that changes behaviour is enforcement AND CONSEQUENCES.

The current laws are more than effective, however if I know I have the same change of getting caught as dying of Covid-19 why will I change my ways? This is the problem with ALL laws in SA.

Will I get caught? Probably not so why bother with complying.

If I get caught what happens? Probably not much.

Result: insignificant chance of getting caught and then a small chance of being properly prosecuted. So this means the law has no value. NO MATTER WHAT THE LAW IS!

This is terrible

This is why I moved away from road cycling...I'd love to ride road but got no faith in motorists, too many motorists have no regard for cyclists and even normal pedestrians sometimes. Rather ride in the bush, if i go over the handlebars i can just blame myself for a lack of talent.

In that final second or 2, It must be so frightening to see a car speeding out of control towards you.  :(

Reminds me of that chap who crashed into a police roadblock while drunk, killing 2 cops. Got off basically gratis, 6 years wholly suspended sentence. 

Happened again in Soweto the other day too. Another cop dead.

One would assume this case should follow unfortunate sentencing suit.

This is terrible

This is why I moved away from road cycling...I'd love to ride road but got no faith in motorists, too many motorists have no regard for cyclists and even normal pedestrians sometimes. Rather ride in the bush, if i go over the handlebars i can just blame myself for a lack of talent.

In that final second or 2, It must be so frightening to see a car speeding out of control towards you.  :(

That was my thought process too, as I have been riding on that exact same pavement during lockdown, so I thought rather head to the Spruit, only problem now is drunk motorist risk is replaced by some dude hiding in the bush with a knife or gun ready to rob you! Cannot win!

Does anyone know if they managed/bothered to get a blood sample for the proper lab tests?

I'm afraid the result is going to be the same as always - bugger all.

Ishe Davani out on R8000 bail....are they farking kidding . My blood boils at the thought of this drunk getting away lightly. ????????????????????

And that is why necklacing is a real thing.

Because we can't rely on the law, communities are forced to take the law into their own hands.

As much as I hate to see him get bail, it doesn't mean he is innocent.... still, he deserves to spend some quality time behind bars - hopefully 25 years.