Future of non-cycling discussion on Bike Hub

Matt

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do that people will start discussing Matt and Nick again...

Almost Friday ... this thread will soon head off into a totally different direction ....

Almost Friday ... this thread will soon head off into a totally different direction ....

Like a meat truck crashing into the dogpound... 

For this very reason we'll quite soon be cutting down or even completely closing the Off Topic sections.

Between the demands for moderation (most issues arise from off topic squabbles) and the distraction from what Bike Hub is (or at least is intended to be), a resource for cyclists, it can't remain as-is

The simple reality is that we have to focus our limited resources on issues related to bikes... it is after all why this place exists.

Another crappy idea of yours.

Dictator.

I created the hub, I'll run it my way.

You're a knob, don't you realize it's the users that make it. 

It's gotten bigger than you initially expected and now you think you're a demi-god

Dictator.

It's gotten bigger than you initially expected and now you think you're a demi-god

38153218.jpg

Dictator.

This ☝????☝???? and the reason this thread was started, is exactly why I wouldn’t blame Matt for shutting down the chit chat.

Dictator.

Way to go to definitely getting it shut down ...

Ah but there's always some members of forums that do not like the idea that it is owned by a person, who ultimately makes the rules. It's not a democracy, we didn't vote for Matt to create the forum.

Yes we are members (Some more equal than others, defined by monetary contribution) of the forum, but we do not have a say in how it's run.

Well, we all have our say, but it's still up to the owner to decide to listen to the members or not. It's pretty simple actually.

FIFO

Ah but there's always some members of forums that do not like the idea that it is owned by a person, who ultimately makes the rules. It's not a democracy, we didn't vote for Matt to create the forum.

Yes we are members (Some more equal than others, defined by monetary contribution) of the forum, but we do not have a say in how it's run.

Well, we all have our say, but it's still up to the owner to decide to listen to the members or not. It's pretty simple actually.

FIFO

Agree, we can recommend/suggest/nudge/wink etc.  But we can not demand!  Sorry, just not appropriate.

Agree, we can recommend/suggest/nudge/wink etc.  But we can not demand!  Sorry, just not appropriate.

you left out beg...but cyclists beg? I think not....

you left out beg...but cyclists beg? I think not....

We seem to leave out, the "ask nicely" option.