Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

Well I had 2 out 3, not sure where that spanish guy came from, would have loved to see Koretsky on the 3rd step !

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowza ... Tom really bossed that!  Exceptional talent, and a great sportsperson.  MF was next best for sure.

So Gerald made it to the gig for commentary, what a relief.

Seems there's some drama about the MVDP crash...

Apparently there were was a wooden ramp at that jump in training, but they removed it for the last practice session. MVDP was apparently expecting it and so wasn't prepared for the jump.

If that's true, it's pretty poor from MVDP considering everyone seemed to know what was coming. Not been a good 2 days for Dutch cycling.

2 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Ineos:

Mens Road Race - Carapaz 1st

Mens MTB Race - Pidcock 1st

Mens ITT - (Can Ganna complete the sweep)

Ganna or Dennis.... 

I think the course is better suited to Dennis or WVA though. 

That rock drop is massive. It is bigger than most features we find on our DH tracks here. Having watched some of the ladies struggle with Coetzenberg and the PMB rocks, this course might have a big say in the outcome of the ladies' race tomorrow

6 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Ineos:

Mens Road Race - Carapaz 1st

Mens MTB Race - Pidcock 1st

Mens ITT - (Can Ganna complete the sweep)

Ganna Gonna do it

Course might be too hilly for him though but a medal is almost certain

4 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Ganna or Dennis.... 

I think the course is better suited to Dennis or WVA though. 

Well Dennis pulled out the road race to focus solely on the ITT so I bet he Hope's it doesn't backfire...

7 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Well Dennis pulled out the road race to focus solely on the ITT so I bet he Hope's it doesn't backfire...

he wouldn't have placed in the road event anyway, let's be honest

18 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Seems there's some drama about the MVDP crash...

Apparently there were was a wooden ramp at that jump in training, but they removed it for the last practice session. MVDP was apparently expecting it and so wasn't prepared for the jump.

If that's true, it's pretty poor from MVDP considering everyone seemed to know what was coming. Not been a good 2 days for Dutch cycling.

This is interesting, the way it looked to me watching live was that it seemed he did not carry enough speed at all. I saw on Cadence last week that Candice was training over and over, every day, on a similar massive drop, so it must be this one. As i said, this is really hectic for the ladies, hope none of them wipe out. Still makes no sense as you said that mvdp did not know this drop was coming. But as i said, he looked wat to slow at the top, like completely unexpected....  

5 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

This is interesting, the way it looked to me watching live was that it seemed he did not carry enough speed at all. I saw on Cadence last week that Candice was training over and over, every day, on a similar massive drop, so it must be this one. As i said, this is really hectic for the ladies, hope none of them wipe out. Still makes no sense as you said that mvdp did not know this drop was coming. But as i said, he looked wat to slow at the top, like completely unexpected....  

The dutch team need to work on their communication.  

Watched a video now where Alan says it was 30degrees and 80% humidity out there on the course, at the start he was pushed left onto the grass and was placing 30 something, Also says it was extremely dusty so was tough at the start riding behind guys eating dust.