Incident Total garage on Malibongwe

_David_

Hope justice prevails here and condolences to the family and friends 💔

Lets stop blaming an inanimate object for people's actions/choices.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“The man was released on Monday morning, and he wasn’t actually released on bail,” said Harrington-Johnson.

Harrington-Johnson confirmed that the alleged killer was not rearrested. 

"There were rumours that he was rearrested but that is not the case."

Harrington-Johnson encouraged witnesses to come forward and contact their offices".

I did not realise that he was released. I thought he was out on bail and he has not been rearrested. Hope I'm wrong but I have no faith in our judicial system.

Edited by _David_

On 2/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, Vetplant said:

I think the tide is turning.

We were at a kids party at 3PM on a Sunday afternoon recently at a Family Restaurant(No not Spur ;) ) As soon as the kids went to play, the parents of the birthday-kid brought around a serving plate full of shots. I was having an internal struggle as I didn't want to offend the host, but I really didn't want to drink.

Luckily the guy seated next to me declined, which released my self-doubt and I declined, so did my wife, and the couple sitting across from us also declined. Nobody got ribbed for not taking it.

I think society is slowly seeing a realization that alcohol is not the be-all and end-all. At least in some of the circles I frequent. But unfortunately this is slow progress and a large portion of society is not there yet.

How many of those that took the shot drove home with kids in their car? You see this is how society degrades, mom and dad are happy to have a few shots and drive home. Kids thoughts-We can do it in a few years time.

Some of our friends that have kids- I look at them and think the world is gonna have fun when those kids grow up. 

22 hours ago, Edereese said:

A friend of mine lives in Dubai. Regarding the speed limit, if I remember correctly, if you're 40kms over, your car gets tagged, not allowed to drive it for 14 days plus a heavy fine. Happened to him once, major inconvenience and a hard lesson learnt. 

Dubai also has those lovely buzzers that give like a seatbelt warning alarm as you hit 120kmh and don't shut up till you under 120kmh

21 hours ago, Frosty said:

The problem goes deeper in that there is zero regard for the laws of the country, by a large number of the population. Then there are very few consequences when the law is broken, leading people to do things by habit. 

Example: My kids need to see me stopping at a stop street, so one day they will it's the right thing to do. My one daughter said that our neighbour doesn't stop at this particular stop street (on their way to school) and just drives straight through. Bad habits are hard to stop without a conscious effort.

You want to know why the next generation of drivers are going to be the worst. Stand on the street outside a school at pickup/drop off time and you will see. Just impatient, uncourteous and driving left right and center. That is all they see and know from a young age.

Same goes from the lesser privileged. You cannot blame someone for bad driving, when the only driving they have seen first hand for their life is that of a taxi driver. It is not their fault, or their parents, that is just inequality in society and they rarely have a choice. If they manage to beat the odds and get to a position of wealth where they can drive a car or own a car. They never had the luxury of being taught the correct manners to drive a car with. There is a lot missing in K53

13 minutes ago, dave303e said:

How many of those that took the shot drove home with kids in their car? You see this is how society degrades, mom and dad are happy to have a few shots and drive home. Kids thoughts-We can do it in a few years time.

All of them.... And it wasn't just the shot that was taken. It was another beer or two... We were there for at least two hours, so some might have had even more drinks.

50 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Just listened to the Jacaranda pod cast. Absolutely shocking.

If the perp had just the slightest bit of conscience, he would willingly hand himself in (pie in the sky thought, I know).

If that was me, I dont know how I would be able to live with myself knowing that I killed someone.

If he was the guy you wanting him to be

A he would not have been drunk

B tried to leave the scene

C traveling from what I have been told waaay over the speed limit

the list is long all showing he sleeps like a baby in his bed, trust me

11 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Some of our friends that have kids- I look at them and think the world is gonna have fun when those kids grow up. 

Dubai also has those lovely buzzers that give like a seatbelt warning alarm as you hit 120kmh and don't shut up till you under 120kmh

You want to know why the next generation of drivers are going to be the worst. Stand on the street outside a school at pickup/drop off time and you will see. Just impatient, uncourteous and driving left right and center. That is all they see and know from a young age.

Same goes from the lesser privileged. You cannot blame someone for bad driving, when the only driving they have seen first hand for their life is that of a taxi driver. It is not their fault, or their parents, that is just inequality in society and they rarely have a choice. If they manage to beat the odds and get to a position of wealth where they can drive a car or own a car. They never had the luxury of being taught the correct manners to drive a car with. There is a lot missing in K53

I will do my best to ensure my kids grow up learning the right way to do things. The standard is any applicable laws and moral standards. If they chose to change, then it’s their decision. Both my wife and I were brought up in a similar style, and we both disagree on how our parents did things, but agree on the intended outcome. 

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I will do my best to ensure my kids grow up learning the right way to do things. The standard is any applicable laws and moral standards. If they chose to change, then it’s their decision. Both my wife and I were brought up in a similar style, and we both disagree on how our parents did things, but agree on the intended outcome. 

That’s the best we can do as parents. 

well done. 

2 hours ago, dave303e said:

Add the folks who aren't getting their licenses becuase "Uber and Bolt" is more convenient. They actually have no idea that said Uber driver is thick as f*&ck and doesn't actually know what the hell they up to most of the time. 

A few weeks back I was doing the school run and there's an area where you can safely do a U turn and go back to the main road. Some lazy parent's choose to park there (blocking a secondary rd, but they don't care they save 30 seconds of walking and a few mm's on there shoes) anyway I digress. So I did my U turn and someone blocked the area, basically parked in the street. As I did the U turn, I rolled right up next to her (revved a bit harder than I should have to make her aware) and backed up. She opens her window and shouts let me move. I replied and said no need, you've chosen to park in the street blocking the road, all the parking bays are empty. She again says let me move and I ask her for what? You've chosen to park here illegally so just stay there. While she was talking I pulled up my window and drove off. I then started chatting to my daughters, saying how her children will think that it's ok to disregard law and order.... 

My eldest then replied saying that that womens daughter is a problem in the class, teachers are always having to talk to her. A few have said here that they will always try and do the right thing for the benefit of their kids and I stand by those rules. I've also enourageed my daughters to stand up and point out wrong doings. It's an uphill battle but lets have faith that law and order will prevail.  

27 minutes ago, Dadbod Racing said:

My eldest then replied saying that that women's daughter is a problem in the class, teachers are always having to talk to her. A few have said here that they will always try and do the right thing for the benefit of their kids and I stand by those rules. I've also enourageed my daughters to stand up and point out wrong doings. It's an uphill battle but lets have faith that law and order will prevail.  

My kid's (primary) school doesn't tolerate kids behaving badly, when the parents are supposed to be responsible for their discipline. The kids gets a warning, but they call the parents in to discuss ways to help make the change. This means the teachers can focus on teaching rather than discipline measures. A number of parents removed their kids because of it, and blamed the school for being too rigid. They quickly found that the total lack of discipline at other schools was even worse than the so-called rigidity, and were quick to come back promising to "change". 

My fear is finding a high school that is of a similar standard for 2024 (that's next year's problem).