_David_

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emotions are running high.

Being released is not a sign that he is not guilty. See below

I think we should all take a step back and think before posting something that might be incorrect. Social media is awash with versions and stories not just on this incident but many others like it.

Sharing videos, footage, pics etc is bad in any of these cases as it prevents proper prosecution.

Also can not imaging what the family must be going through seeing all the message in your face all the time.

On all the groups < i am sure we all belong to, Cycling related and other,> we are being bombarded with messages and theories.

I think our time is better spent, supporting the family of this incident and other incidents like this and let the people that know what they are doing handle it. Speculation will only let our blood boil over.

Were i stay we had a school kid knock over and it didnt even made the local news.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-01 at 7.26.24 AM.jpeg

Edited by Spy007

26 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Speechless. Yet again it falls on the private sector to try and induce justice on this scumbag.

In many countries around the world the driver would be charged with murder... it is time to seriously consider staying in this place any longer... 

I'm sorry but police corruption in SA is out of control and it makes me feel sad & hopeless. My family had to deal with police corruption in the past - a wrongful arrest and if I have to think what we had to go through just because we refuse to pay a bribe and I see this guy gets bail on the Monday really pisses me off to no end!

Edited by _David_

5 hours ago, _David_ said:

I'm sorry but police corruption in SA is out of control and it makes me feel sad & hopeless. My family had to deal with police corruption in the past - a false arrest and if I have to think what we had to go through just because we refuse to pay a bribe and I see this guy gets bail on the Monday really pisses me off to no end!

Corruption, incompetence and stupidity by cops and prosecutors often have tragic consequences.  I beat down and caught Sizwe Vumazonke as he tried to stab me when he saw me waking from my couch.  One accomplice was caught down the road with my watches and phone by passing cops.  My GF, who was present, and I attended three court dates before the case was dismissed due to prosecutor and court officials not notifying us of dates.  I followed up with calls and two visits to the integrated justice centre.  They couldn’t/wouldn’t locate the case.

Vumazonke went on to be the triggerman in the Jayde Panayioutou murder.  If only court officials had done their jobs.

Police incompetence/corruption is hardly a uniquely SA phenomenon.  Silas Duane Boston’s teen sons repeatedly told police forces in the USA and the UK that they had seen their father murder a UK couple on his yacht.  (Edit:  the bodies were dumped close to shore and were found a couple of days later).  At every single turn over the next 38 years multiple police forces in the UK and USA as well as Interpol failed to act on correspondence and exchanges.  Because of their failures, Boston went on to murder dozens more people.

If only violent criminals and drunk drivers were dealt with efficiently.

Edited by justinafrika

56 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/south-africa/famous-brands-executive-killed-while-cycling/

Mayor has commented.

I don't think this one will go silently into the night, They surely got all the evidence they need to prove he was drunk.

#Payday Saturday dawn drunk driver free for all must fall

I'm glad you touched on this point because drunken driving and poor policing cost the economy Billions every year. I always wondered what the political fall out would be if a top exec of a company that supports the economy and is well known to politicians should be involved in cycling related incident. There are man  of them cycling the last 10 years but generally the affected parties have always been commuters or joe soap

3 hours ago, jackievs said:

In many countries around the world the driver would be charged with murder... it is time to seriously consider staying in this place any longer... 

everybody has a point where they face this decision. 

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I'm glad you touched on this point because drunken driving and poor policing cost the economy Billions every year. I always wondered what the political fall out would be if a top exec of a company that supports the economy and is well known to politicians should be involved in cycling related incident. There are man  of them cycling the last 10 years but generally the affected parties have always been commuters or joe soap

What did Burry getting taken out by a taxi help...

Book thrown at the guy who ended up behind bars, but anything actually change going forward?

I hope I'm wrong here, and something solid is done. I'm against this plan of zero tolerance for alcohol. The issue is not people who have one or two drinks, it is the people who have fifteen and then drive. Making the limit 0 just puts them all in the same boat and then resources are stretched to thin to police.

and speaking of high profile, but behind the wheel this time. A fancy porsche going "about speed limit", "aquaplaned" and was "unavoidable".

and ja, sorry to beat the drum but it was a payday saturday, but no breathalyser used. 

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-03-27-duduzane-zumas-aquaplaning-porsche-doesnt-hold-water-with-crash-expert/

we all forget that we live in a country where our president has to close all legal booze shops because we as citizens cannot exercise self-control...

condolences to the friends and family of the fallen, we cannot choose our time to leave this planet, we can only control what we do while we're orbiting the sun.

1 minute ago, Pure Savage said:

Just goes to show, if you want to murder someone, run them over in your car. Pathetic. 

but if you dont pay your TV license then you're in deep k@k

priorities are so screwed

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

What did Burry getting taken out by a taxi help...

Book thrown at the guy who ended up behind bars, but anything actually change going forward?

I hope I'm wrong here, and something solid is done. I'm against this plan of zero tolerance for alcohol. The issue is not people who have one or two drinks, it is the people who have fifteen and then drive. Making the limit 0 just puts them all in the same boat and then resources are stretched to thin to police.

and speaking of high profile, but behind the wheel this time. A fancy porsche going "about speed limit", "aquaplaned" and was "unavoidable".

and ja, sorry to beat the drum but it was a payday saturday, but no breathalyser used. 

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/south-africa/2019-03-27-duduzane-zumas-aquaplaning-porsche-doesnt-hold-water-with-crash-expert/

Burry was not a character well known outside of the cycling community. As gutwrenching as that may be to understand that is the reality 

Andre Piehl is name known much further afield, right down to the thousands of people his businesses employed and their families, politicians trade associations, unions etc. Far greater reach. Far more people who don't cycle will be aware of the impact of his death

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Burry was not a character well known outside of the cycling community. As gutwrenching as that may be to understand that is the reality 

Andre Piehl is name known much further afield, right down to the thousands of people his businesses employed and their families, politicians trade associations, unions etc. Far greater reach. Far more people who don't cycle will be aware of the impact of his death

I hope you're right.

The media backlash was pretty big when he died though.

sports minister, all levels of government got involved chop chop...

The minister's spokesperson Paena Galane said, "He was there to send his condolences on behalf of the South African community and the government.

"He also stated to all cyclists to observe the rules of the roads."

The minister outlined a plan to create lanes for bikes only countrywide to prevent such accidents but it is currently unclear when it will be implemented.

needless to say that was all hot air. Now that razzmatazz is transport minister he could actually make it happen....

.......i don't see any of that sort of action even being spoken about this time.

I see on Facebook, the lawyers who are working on behalf of Andre and Je'an and their famalies have appealed to the person who took the car pic to come forward - Hope they come right.