Lets hope it is not true 🤦‍♂️

Edited by _David_

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Just received this on our local what-sup group. Not sure how true it is but it makes my blood boil.

"Megan Harrington-Johnson from HJW attorneys will be assisting with this case. If you know of any witnesses or can contribute in anyway please contact megan@hjw.co.za 
The suspect has been released due to insufficient evidence". 

Somebody mentioned Lesotho number plates. This see-you-next-Tuesday might be over the border before sunset.

Ag no, I am speechless. This cannot be happening again. 

🤬🤬🤬

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

it has happened AGAIN.

let me guess payday saturday weekend, at dawn?

SURELY there is enough evidence out there for cops to be patrolling/roadblocking during this timeslot. Do it by the book and ruin these guys' lives rather.

You assume that they care.

Driving around CT this afternoon I saw at least 6 blatant infringements right in front of a marked traffic vehicle. No response.

Speeding is the only thing that will get you in poo cos it's easy to catch.

And trying to bribe a tow-truck diver to flee an accident scene is not evidence enough? Add to this DNA from front third of car. The rest of the peloton involved in the accident: is their testimony not good enough? 

🤬

Edited by tinmug

I suspect the "lack of evidence" is because the coppers didn't check his blood alcohol levels  fter the accident you know because his rights would be infringed.  Having a deceased individual lying on the ground next to the car means nothing. Its his word against the evidence that in the court does not exist because they can't prove negligence, intent or anything else.

Life is F***en cheap in Africa

There is a reason why kangaroo courts are popular in rural areas

Edited by DieselnDust

Absolutely terrible.! 😥

Was involved in something similar a little more than a year ago when one of our ride group was also tragically taken from this world.

Thoughts and prayers with all involved. 🙏

May justice prevail.

15 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I suspect the "lack of evidence" is because the coppers didn't check his blood alcohol levels  fter the accident you know because his rights would be infringed.  Having a deceased individual lying on the ground next to the car means nothing. Its his word against the evidence that in the court does not exist because they can't prove negligence, intent or anything else.

Life is F***en cheap in Africa

There is a reason why kangaroo courts are popular in rural areas

Having not been in SA for 2 years (thank you covid) I am experiencing this first hand. The difference in gap between cars and me when I ride is terrifying - it was fine when I lived here but daaaaamn it was a horrible reminder of hos us saffers like take pointless risks and gamble with each other's lives.

Same with pedestrians walking in the street with their back to traffic, pedestrians in general, following distances of vehicles, overtaking gaps etc.

Either I have gotten soft or Africa IS not for sissies!

On 1/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, Adriandup said:

Yesterday morning my friend was ripped from our lives. It feels like a piece of my heart has been cut out with a bread knife. The part that remains is shattered into a million pieces for a wife that has been widowed, 2 young teenage children who have lost a father, a mother who has lost a son, & brothers that will never get to see their brother again. I am beyond heartbroken. Ride in Peace my friend

I am so sorry .. this is so sad!