does anyone know this fraud @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy)

Swannie87

Starting to wonder... Whats the chances?
Lionel is a bit on the older side, which means, prob not the most secure password, that his account got hacked, the scammer assumed his identity and just had the money sent to his own account under Lionels name, the name doesnt have to match the account holder name. The banks also cant and wont release the real account holders name without a warrant, which simply isnt worth the polices time for R7500 and the scammer gets away scot free.

Lionels name is tarnished and noone is the wiser.

If this is the case, pretty smart scam I guess...

Edited by AkwA

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AkwA said:

Lionel is a bit on the older side, which means, prob not the most secure password, that his account got hacked, the scammer assumed his identity and just had the money sent to his own account under Lionels name, the name doesnt have to match the account holder name. The banks also cant and wont release the real account holders name without a warrant, which simply isnt worth the polices time for R7500 and the scammer gets away scot free.

I too suspect there could be case of impersonation here. 

2 hours ago, AkwA said:

For now Lionele is guilty till proven innocent 🤔 Hub police are investing. 

On the speculation around a possible account hijacking
We've looked into various signals, including account IP addresses, and there's nothing to suggest that this account was hijacked. 

It is a peculiar situation given what seems to be a good history on Bike Hub going back a few years. 

Account status
We have now banned the ysteryeti account based on these activities.
This action had been paused initially in an effort to avoid any negative impact on intentions to repay the buyers.

42 minutes ago, Barry said:

For now Lionele is guilty till proven innocent 🤔 Hub police are investing. 

Not sayin he isn’t or that he’s innocent, just a possibility 

18 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

It may well be his real name then. Apparently he is 61 years old, so if anyone knows a Lionel Hennessy, that helps narrow it down quite a lot.

But just do the right thing bru, you are a complete lowlife scum and you have no reputation left, due to your stupid actions. This is solely on you and hopefully you will learn your lesson with a big fine or best case, some jail time.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we hate scammers and there is a 0 tolerance on here. That also applies to you Mr Bewsher!

Settle down.

55 minutes ago, Barry said:

Does admin have details on hand that may help in the laying of charges? ID number, location or bank details, 

I'll be opening up a case early next week - hopefully not too late, but I'm quite busy with varsity and haven't found the time yet. R500 is not crippling to me and I have written it off, but will open the case just for other hubber's sakes.

Not sure if admin's details may be able to help out on the case but the detail that no strange logins have occurred is interesting - so either the guy has been here scamming for a while, or something truly went wrong.

17 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Sounds like pic was stolen.

Check your settings. You can set that your profile pic is only visible to your contacts.

And when you need to whatsapp a new contact? you have to ad said contact ad then they still get to see your pics. Whatsapp is the most unsecure patform around, anyone with access to your number has access.

1 hour ago, M L said:

Settle down.

Maybe I came on a little strong but I hope I made it clear that scammers aren't my favourite people.

I dislike them because they have scammed my family before and I have seen firsthand how they prey on kind and unsuspecting people. Whenever I see it, I go absolutely mad.

I do occasionally have a bit of fun and troll the ones who claim to make you rich quick, and you wouldn't believe how gullible some of them are, pretty ironic for a person who makes money off of deceiving others.

37 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

And when you need to whatsapp a new contact? you have to ad said contact ad then they still get to see your pics. Whatsapp is the most unsecure patform around, anyone with access to your number has access.

download click to chat. you dont need to have a person in your contacts to whatsapp them