Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Final ride for the year, including falling over while doing a track stand [emoji4] - all this while some drama was taking place at home.

7084037b50815568f21257101079f468.jpg

68cc5a8d3669c4e75c22c693e16c7b14.jpg

f1726e28f9ab81f810f09017dc16cfa3.jpg

about 1.5km as the crow flies from my folks house.

I used to ride past there often on one of my cycle routes.

What p’d me off was the twitter comments about the name of the suburb. Seriously, you have what could have been a huge disaster and all you get out of the story is the name of the suburb offends you?

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

What p’d me off was the twitter comments about the name of the suburb. Seriously, you have what could have been a huge disaster and all you get out of the story is the name of the suburb offends you?

That could have been nasty.Did not see the comments.Dont do twitter.

How better to start the year than with a Kirstenbosch concert - was very impressed with a band called Nomadic Orchestra! Also enjoyed the last ever performance by Freshly Ground, although I'm not a fan. Then, just a short few hours later, Prince Albert and Baron Eddy took Princess Anne for a Royal ride back up to Kirstenbosch and some hill climbing in the Court of the Bishop.  

post-17716-0-43655900-1577872981_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-62581500-1577872995_thumb.jpg

A lot of people (when I give my address) have no idea where Verwoerdpark is, let alone know how to spell it.

Is that the fuel pipeline that's on the news?

Yes, it is. Not my photo, as I was out on a ride when I got the news - here’s my photo from 20-odd Km away.

9790f620df1c37789d83c44f4f8af777.jpg

Sorry for the late reply - no electricity since 19:00 yesterday evening, and still counting. It’s been a long, slow start to the year.