• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a business trip to Kathu for a few days, decided to make lemonade and take my bike along, super glad I did! Managed to get two sunset rides in (which is weird to me as I always ride in the mornings).

Have you ever flown over something or some place and though "I'd really rike to ride there one day"? Well I did, and you should. Even though the "view" and subsequent planned photo was a bit of a let-down (a solar panel farm is much less sci-fi and much more industrial than my internal optimist envisioned), it was awesome to actually take the time and make the effort and do something outside of your comfort zone just for fun.

post-131650-0-60337200-1593069478_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-72199000-1593069499_thumb.jpg

Now that I've done some proper sinkplaatpad with the Hulkbuster I'm even more driven to try the Munga out (initally the Grit this year at least). Look, not exactly the most technically challenging riding or any elevation to speak of, but there's something about the arid red landscape, absolute silence, clear skies and infinite view that's alluring. 

post-131650-0-09405600-1593069347_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-64324800-1593069472_thumb.jpg

no where, not even to work.

Have been experiencing some knee pain off the bike over the last few weeks, was mainly going up stairs that I felt it, but this week it is alot more often and its going up and down stairs, and then during yesterdays commute it was hurting on the bike, something its not done before.

Since my commute takes me over a 5%avg climb that takes me around 4 minutes to climb that opportunity to take it easy is not there, so I've parked the bike for a few days to give the knee some rest.

Had a business trip to Kathu for a few days, decided to make lemonade and take my bike along, super glad I did! Managed to get two sunset rides in (which is weird to me as I always ride in the mornings).

Have you ever flown over something or some place and though "I'd really rike to ride there one day"? Well I did, and you should. Even though the "view" and subsequent planned photo was a bit of a let-down (a solar panel farm is much less sci-fi and much more industrial than my internal optimist envisioned), it was awesome to actually take the time and make the effort and do something outside of your comfort zone just for fun.

attachicon.gif20200622_172047-01.jpg

attachicon.gif20200622_172153-01.jpg

Now that I've done some proper sinkplaatpad with the Hulkbuster I'm even more driven to try the Munga out (initally the Grit this year at least). Look, not exactly the most technically challenging riding or any elevation to speak of, but there's something about the arid red landscape, absolute silence, clear skies and infinite view that's alluring.

attachicon.gif20200622_171107-01.jpg

attachicon.gif20200622_171538-01.jpg

Are you running +size tyres or is it just the photo?

Are you running +size tyres or is it just the photo?

Yup, those are 29x3.0 monsters. They're handling exactly the way I wanted them too, but a little more polarizing than I thought they would be. I.e, they're even better on the dirt than I expected them to be (those tiny knobs grip soos 'n drol op 'n wol kombers), but they're also worse on tar than I expected them to be. I can compensate for the bad tar performance by upping the pressure a bit, but that compromises the dirt performance, so i just ride off road more  :clap:

any of you clever CT guys know if offices are open to renew Activity Cards? Kirstenbosch or Tokai?

attachicon.gif20200622_172047-01.jpg

attachicon.gif20200622_172153-01.jpg

attachicon.gif20200622_171107-01.jpg

attachicon.gif20200622_171538-01.jpg

Let me guess....in mining supplies???

any of you clever CT guys know if offices are open to renew Activity Cards? Kirstenbosch or Tokai?

Tokai office is still closed until next month. Not sure about Kirstenbosch.

Let me guess....in mining supplies???

I'm not quite sure why you'd go there if not for work... For a mine... If you aren't there to supply the mine, you're supplying a supplier of the mine. 

For those that haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the sprawling metropolis of Kathu yet, below gives some scale. Blue is the entirety of the town of Kathu (including golf course), green is just the one mine that it's there for. Look, its an impressively large hole in the ground, and they dig 70% iron content iron ore out there (the actual rock looks like cast iron).

post-131650-0-44641300-1593165187_thumb.png

Edited by TyronLab

Tokai office is still closed until next month. Not sure about Kirstenbosch.

I heard something about a 3 month extension if your card expires during lockdown. Do you know anything about this?