Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Left just before 5pm yesterday afternoon for a ride.

Certainly cleared the head, after some work challenges.

post-24416-0-57075200-1615959215_thumb.jpg

There's something about riding after dark, that get's one's pace up. Maybe it's remnants of one's childhood, where the dark corridor was rapidly trans versed to get back to where the lights were on....

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

The East Rand, where the weeds rule supreme, the grass is overgrown into the streets, lights don't work for months at a time, potholes galore, pavements are cut up to dig trenches for fibre/cable/water pipes and never restored to it's original condition.

Best I can do will to share Google Street view images. I barely remember to take photos while riding, and when I do, the lamp posts are the last thing on my mind. Street View is too old, as is the aerial photo. Will have to remember to take photos.

Edit: not where we live, but on the roads we ride on.

Edit again: but the drivers seem to be much better behaved than in other metros.

We seem to be very lucky in Glen Marais.Monument from Dann Road to the R21 is clean,houses and offices painted and done up.Very few vagrants or beggars except our normal white okes standing at the traffic lights begging cnr Dann and Monument

We seem to be very lucky in Glen Marais.Monument from Dann Road to the R21 is clean,houses and offices painted and done up.Very few vagrants or beggars except our normal white okes standing at the traffic lights begging cnr Dann and Monument

but you have that squatter camp there on Dann rd

It is happening everywhere

2 roads in 2 weeks in my area where overheard cables have been stolen. Is truly out of hand.

Whoa.

R1.6 million for 2 street lights? 

Where do you people live.Seriously?I am not trying to be funny,but when I drive down the road the verges are cut,no one is digging up cables or pinching overhead lines.There are families out walking their dogs and children riding bikes.

It's a bit of a lucky packet out there. There are suburbs which are immaculate and then there are areas that look like the rest of Africa.

Guys, let's keep to topic here.

Post pics of where your ride has taken you.

We are mostly posting pics; it’s just taken us to some sorry looking places, but at least we are riding our bikes.