Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Hit the blue trail, but I soon realised that my mojo is nowhere to be found. Weird lines into and out of corners, no commitment on the climbs, it was dismal.

I occasionally have a ride like that. If I've planned a tough or technical ride and it's just not coming together I call it a day and, like you, calm it down, enjoy the ride, take some photo's and most importantly avoid hurting myself or my bike!

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

(From my "Pyrenees" Thread)

I've been out on the (new rebuilt) bike a few times over the last week.

The first ride felt a bit strange - I haven't been on an MTB for a month! Had to make a couple of small adjustments but now it feels good.

Yesterday I went out twice. A long ride in the morning and then in the evening I put on my "racing kit" and went back out to put the bike through its paces. Happy to say that this bike is FAST!

Here's a pic from earlier in the week - a ride along the river with the Pena Montenesa mountain in the background . . . .

post-4874-0-52265400-1555757823_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bonus

...........Here's a pic from earlier in the week - a ride along the river with the Pena Montenesa mountain in the background . . . .

Remarkably like the Worcester, Robertson, Montagu area in appearance.

Choices choices, what to ride. Cant decide. My wife says it is because I have too many bicycles. I accused her of being childish and threatened her with immediate divorce. There have been numerous studies that have shown that you cannot have too many bicycles. You cant argue with science.

attachicon.gif1555652524215.jpeg

daai fietse kort behoorlike staanrakke

en 'n mat, dit word koud in BFN

Rode the cradle for what feels like the first time in ages.

Nice morning out. Cooler temps means later starts....

attachicon.gifAD3A9448-E62B-4B1F-ACC1-B71FB2A00F1E.png

Some of the summer green has also disappeared from the highveld. Not my favorite time of the year.

Agreed, soon it will be those hazy smokey frosty winter mornings and fields of black everywhere...

Still, no mud to be found really so there is a benefit!

I see that mudguard works really well...

I love the way BOTH sides of the mudguard are covered in mud! ;-)

I love the way BOTH sides of the mudguard are covered in mud! ;-)

Yeah, don't think any mud guards gone be of much help in that much mud and that recon was not helping either, was sliding round every turn.

Think it's still a bit early to switch to winter treads though.

Remarkably like the Worcester, Robertson, Montagu area in appearance.

Nogals nou dat ek so kyk. Lyk veskriklik baie soos die Rawsonville omgewing.

I'm already contemplating taking the hardtail back to singlespeed for the winter.

Yeah, don't think any mud guards gone be of much help in that much mud and that recon was not helping either, was sliding round every turn.

????

Do it now. Winter is here

What a fantastic morning to be out on the trails !!  :clap:

The rain was just enough to compact the trails, no more dust.  And only the odd spot of mud, easy to ride around.

First section saw a nice 10 degrees C, nothing a sleeveless top could not sort out.  And the return trip was mostly 17 degrees.  Only the slightest of a breeze in the air,

Getting my timing dialed now.  Leaving home just in time to get to the trail entrance 10 minutes after sunrise,

Which means that I see the colour play in the sky line as the dawn breaks.

post-110956-0-44518900-1555836494_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-45817500-1555836511_thumb.jpg

The full moon added to the spectacular views.

post-110956-0-53303200-1555836553_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-16144300-1555836572_thumb.jpg

Coffee at Bloemendal, then it was time to work on the hill climbs, as if it is not all up hill from my home to St John's ..  :whistling:   NICE to be able to cycle past the Green arrow and to reach the Yellow route without stopping or walking  :thumbup:

post-110956-0-45843900-1555836675_thumb.jpg

Majik Forest

post-110956-0-38451900-1555836737_thumb.jpg

Getting back onto the tar I had to smile ....  Stopping at the first robot, yes, two MTBs actually stopped at a red robot !  :eek:   Me noting the SCOTT branding on the shoes of the other rider, on his S-Works ... Me with my 2FO's on Spez flat pedals on my SCOTT ....  :devil:

Rode out to Avianto this morning, Lots of mtb traffic from the front, confirming my late start.

Hit the blue trail, but I soon realised that my mojo is nowhere to be found. Weird lines into and out of corners, no commitment on the climbs, it was dismal.

So took it way easy from there on, so as to not cause bodily harm.

EDD7696C-2011-4349-97D5-4934FF53059E.jpeg

Had a couple of stops, took some pics and ate some winegums.

EFC8939D-F03C-41F5-86A7-2E69C9F088BC.jpeg

Germin battery died on the way home. Luckily I had a fashion accessory on my wrist, and could record the rest of the ride home.

That’s what happens when you buy Chinese knock offs - just buy a Garmin next time.