Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not painted, it's a tint in the carbon. You can see the carbon weave in the sunlight,

More pics then please....

it's not painted, it's a tint in the carbon. You can see the carbon weave in the sunlight,

I know it well ... have been lusting over this particular finish for some time at the Spaz shops

Correct, very nice, but quite common already....

I’m grappling between you calling Patch common or the bicycle common... Then I saw you use the work “nice” and I grappled no more.

So much Spez hate in this place.  :clap:

My fiancé has the exact same bike sitting in the dining room. 

Brilliant value for money during the sale.

I think it's more towards the riders that have everything Spaz out the hole kit. On the sale the prices are very hard to beat and they are good quality. I have had a couple (he says softly while looking around) there's just a couple of things on them to Special that you can't find have done everywhere and do read the manual carefully on some models.

The Mossie upgrade or in other words the poor man's Eagle

what have you slapped on their?

Only took 6 weeks from arriving at OR Tambo till the useless lot at Skynet could actually get it delivred to me..... and arrived just in time for the start of our serious MTB tours. 

This is going to be a very handy traveling toolset, and I am overhhelmeed by the quaility of the tools. I was a bit skeptrical based on the price. (The park tool Master link plier was ordered sepreately, and I knew what quality to expect there)

post-46652-0-38928200-1593433442_thumb.jpeg

Pretty sure Patch is/was riding one of these???

Yup.

That right there is a can of worms you are opening!

Yup.

Nope, things went very badly in the build or something along those lines.

Come to think of it I dont think I heard how that all ended up, Patch??

Unless Im very much confused which I dont think I am.

Yes. here was some issues with the build quality (not bike bu the people who assembled it), and they obviously used parts from different groupsets to make up mine. One thing was that they took a compact Dura Ace groupset and put on a standard chain rings from somewhere else (I didnt want a compact crank but that seemed to be only groupo in stock) in doing so they did not tighten the spider bolts. One came loose and scratched the frame by the chain stay to the carbon. The crank was obviously not new either as it had scuff marks. It was a just a bad build, there were some other issues.

Took it up the owners of the shop, they wanted nothing to do with it. Was not worth moaning about it here as people who complain about bike shops always end up being the the ones in the wrong according to the Hub, not the guys who **** up a R120k bike.

Having said that, a full rebuild by Pearson Cycles has made the world of difference and its running like butter. 

Few months ago bought l Momsen R355 gravel bike carbon, with Shimano 105 group set.

I've done around 380km on it since, and it handles the rough gravel and technical bits very well.

Only drawback and that probably is with most gravel bikes is, handles bad on corrugated and thick sand roads.

But jeep track and single track no problems. Best purchase in a long time, will sell, road bike soon, I got very board on the road. Changed few things, and will continue to improve to suite my riding style.

post-3193-0-27099200-1593435652_thumb.jpg