Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Het opgelog om te kom check hoe gan dit met COIS.

Cois rus in vrede meneer jy is verlos van jou pyn jy was n yster hier op aarde!! .. Reinett alle sterkte daar ons dink aan julle, soos vele keer genoem hierbo, jy weet waar om te kom vir hulp as jy nodig het.

As so many have mentioned before, it feels like we have lost a friend that we never met in person. I can't think of a sadder moment this year to be honest. Cois was an incredibly brave man who was humble enough to share his struggle with us. 

Reinet, you and your family are in our prayers and thoughts and I hope that you will find some peace knowing that Cois is not suffering anymore. 

May God be with you during this incredibly difficult time. 

RIP Cois

Like most of the other people here, I have never met Francois in real life.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have ever had the words of wisdom or the guts to comment anything on this 105+ page thread, BUT I have read every single page.

Every time I have dealt with some personal struggles I needed to bring myself back to this thread to gain some perspective of what real problems look like and to count my blessings rather.

I have kept Francois in my mind on many, many of my longer rides as the mind starts to drift into thought. And I will continue to do so.

He is a true warrior and an inspiration to so many of us here.

@*Reinet* Marais My deepest condolences to you in this time.

I would love to think that Francois has left you with a wonderful gift in this thread and I would like to encourage you to read through these pages some day to see just what a big impact he has made on so many of us, the love and support from so many hubbers and his love and dedication to YOU.

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Condolences @*Reinet* Marais

I trust that Hospice have taken good care of both you and Francois in those final moments. My Mom experienced the same last year with my Dad, and looking back she was incredibly thankful to them for the compassion and empathy shown in the most difficult of times. 

They really are a special institution - definitely deserve all the support they can get

11 hours ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

It’s with much heartache that I have to let you know, Francois passed away this morning around 5:30 😭

my thoughts will you and family at this time...may he RIP 

46 minutes ago, *Reinet* Marais said:

Dankie almal. Ek lees een vir een elke boodskap. Beteken so baie. Ek is stukkend. Ek weet hy is nou waar geen pyn is nie… miskien binnekort sal ek vrede ervaar. Vanaand is ek stukkend, hartseer en sommer net kwaad 😭

Reinet ek het n seun verloor n paar jaar gelede en iemand wat ook so n verlies gehad het het gesē dit is soos n groot gat voor jou bed en elke oggend trap jy daarin maar na n paar jaar/maande leer jy om langs die gat te trap want die gat bly daar . Wees sag met jou self .