Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for everyone's willingness to help me get this sorted. I won't expect anyone of you to put yourself through the mission of trying to get my money back. I know that Morné is not going to refund me even if I drive there myself. I am sure that he intentionally sold me a 650B just to get some cash. Desperate times and all those things....

I will keep the fork listed and see if anyone else needs it to upgrade their steed ????

Thank you very much for everyone's willingness to help me get this sorted. I won't expect anyone of you to put yourself through the mission of trying to get my money back. I know that Morné is not going to refund me even if I drive there myself. I am sure that he intentionally sold me a 650B just to get some cash. Desperate times and all those things....

I will keep the fork listed and see if anyone else needs it to upgrade their steed

Nope - just no !!

He needs to take it back and a full refund.

Well he can either take it back and do what is right or we can start a thread with his company name instead?

Edit: since he was trading parts on here in his personal capacity instead of a dealer account.

Edited by MORNE

Morné Van Rensburg

Techno Guide

* don't mind me just making sure this stays high up on the search engine results when this dwis gets googled

post-46013-0-62353300-1612699727_thumb.png

Edited by BaGearA

I will keep the fork listed and see if anyone else needs it to upgrade their steed

I see he gave you a negative rating accusing you of not wanting to come to the table as he is willing to help and give you a refund.

Please teach this guy a proper lesson in how the real life works. You are letting him get away to easily

I see he gave you a negative rating accusing you of not wanting to come to the table as he is willing to help and give you a refund.

Please teach this guy a proper lesson in how the real life works. You are letting him get away to easily

After all of this the guy has the cheek to give a negative rating when clearly he was the one in the wrong

There is no misunderstanding here, a guy from a workshop deliberately sold the wrong size fork, deliberately removing the through axle, and then demanded the buyer send before refunding when he in fact demanded payment before sending his dodgy wares

@Admin should remove the guy from here and delete the negative rating given to @Robertwhitehead

After all of this the guy has the cheek to give a negative rating when clearly he was the one in the wrong

There is no misunderstanding here, a guy from a workshop deliberately sold the wrong size fork, deliberately removing the through axle, and then demanded the buyer send before refunding when he in fact demanded payment before sending his dodgy wares

@Admin should remove the guy from here and delete the negative rating given to @Robertwhitehead

+1, guys like these must not be able to trade here again

yeah posted the question a few pages back on why he has not been removed?

FB Marketplace here we come

SEO only works if you spell it correctly. :)

Morné Van Rensburg

Techno Guide

Dammit how did I miss that :D

I have made contact with admin and asked them to assist. I am yet to get a reply other than the original one where they said that they'll monitor his account. 

I saw yes, and I agree he is getting off too easily but I am not really sure what else I can do to show him that his causing himself a lot more harm through his own actions than trying to save face on a online platform  :whistling:

I have weighed up some options: 

• Open a case of fraud and go to small claims court. This is quite a mission to trust our legal system and also bear in mind that I have the fork, barring the thru axle. So effectively I will be going to SCC for R650.
  • Get someone else involved to deliver the fork to his door. Ok, what happens if he doesn't have cash and or doesn't want to play ball? Then the third party now has to either act or leave it, this to me is unfair to the third party. I mean if they get into a scuffle and things escalate then it becomes quite ugly quite quickly and I'll be on the hook.
  • Go there myself. Ok, nice flight down with the fork which may cost me about R1000 and then maybe the same happens in the above scenario. 

So the way I see things at this moment is to just give him enough rope, I mean each and every one of you guys helping out and rating me (Vetplant) to try and fix his rubbish is really cool, thank you for that, it's much appreciated. 

At the end of the day I may sit with the fork for a couple of months or even not be able to sell it. If the latter happens I end up with a financial loss but how big is the loss that he will incur? A reputational risk like the one he's knowingly walking into at this moment in time will bite him really hard

Edited by RobertWhitehead

43 positive ratings luckily speaks volumes alongside this thread as evidence that Morne is just being petty.

All he achieved was to take Robert's rating down from 5.0 to 4.9

Best we can hope for is that ADMIN removes that bad rating.

PS. Someone is welcome to "Report" my comment here, to raise awareness for ADMIN to go and look at the Review Morne left for Robert:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/profile/2241

Guys Guys

So obviously the public is only hearing one side of the whasup and conversation here.

Let him also post the rest of the whasup and then you guys will see that i said i will 100% reimburse him when i come to Pretoria on the weekend of 7th feb . And he refused to.

its always very easy to climb on a tram when everyone is throwing rocks at the same person.

- Yes i do own a service center and im proud to say that i do i have more then 15 year experience in this field.

so obviously im i so stupid (TO SCAM THIS GUY OVER R4100) 

- so guys before you guys just post, get the right info first from both parties

I'm always a guy that want to support the industry and the millions of people that ride bikes.

If you guys have any queries and really want to hear the story , please phone me 072 235 3385