2022 Sport / Fitness Goals

The Ouzo

We have our year in sport thread going, but how about goals for 2022.

I was originally going to call it Cycling goals, but since many on here do other sports I decided to broaden the scope.

For me I'd like to do more climbing. I'll probably end on around 36 000m of climbing for the year this year, I think setting a goal for 45 000m seems good. 

I'll leave the mileage to take care of itself, but if I do 5000km or above next year I'll be happy.

Race wise I'd like to get under 3h30 for CTCT and 3h00 for 947

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My season runs from May to April, as we have the Spring and Summer racing seasons split by year end. So I’m 3/4 of the way through my own “annual training plan”.

That said, the Strava goal in Jan was set at 400 hours, and I’m on 429 with 20 planned for the next 8 days. That will put me on 449, so I guess I can set 450 hours for 2022. That’s 5.2% of my day, or just over an hour everyday (if averaged), and totally doable while keeping the family happy.

Distance and elevation will be by-products of nailing the hours, and intensity.

Just one goal for me: Riding more with my family.

FINALLY my boys are at a age where they can ride a reasonable distance without whining about going uphill, heat, being thirsty or that the other one is in front again. They are both scheming where we are going to ride/race next. 

My wife is a Zwift queen packing in 4 rides a week and FINALLY I'm getting her to join me on longish weekend rides - OUTSIDE. She is also keen on doing 947 in 2022 so we have a nice training goal (her power-to-weight ratio is starting to scare me a bit and I'm probably going to be chicked on the hills one of these days).

I've been riding actively since 1999 and done 1000's of km's, countless races and multiple stage races - NOW I am looking forward to doing much more of those things with the people most important to me.

My two big events will be Expedition Africa Lesotho in March and Tusker 390km non stop trail run in July, cut off 108 hours. 

Definitely to have fun at CTCT and my other cycling goal is to potentially ride Munga on my 20inch bike but entry fee.. 

After spending almost 4 months of this year on the couch due to injury and Rona, I am hoping for consistency. This year, according to STRAVA, I recorded 161 days active, 426 hours, 5000km and 115000m elevation. 

So with a third of the year missing I'm ok with that. I don't really exercise for anything other than fun, so I put no pressure on myself to do anything other than stay fit enough to allow me to enjoy said exercise. Being a good dad and surfing takes priority, the rest is all just background noise. 

Edited by Jewbacca

24 minutes ago, worriesnot said:

Just one goal for me: Riding more with my family.

FINALLY my boys are at a age where they can ride a reasonable distance without whining about going uphill, heat, being thirsty or that the other one is in front again. They are both scheming where we are going to ride/race next. 

My wife is a Zwift queen packing in 4 rides a week and FINALLY I'm getting her to join me on longish weekend rides - OUTSIDE. She is also keen on doing 947 in 2022 so we have a nice training goal (her power-to-weight ratio is starting to scare me a bit and I'm probably going to be chicked on the hills one of these days).

I've been riding actively since 1999 and done 1000's of km's, countless races and multiple stage races - NOW I am looking forward to doing much more of those things with the people most important to me.

That is awesome, I'm trying to gently nudge my family in a similar direction. Even if its not doing races, but atleast doing some nice rides together.

11 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

I don't have any specific goals, just more and more and more.  That will be enough for me.

Indeed, much more than last years totals will be awesome!!

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

oh yes and let me add that since I did not get to it this year I still want to do a 100 miler (160km)

Race to the Sun. It's pretty flat, the weather isn't hot, and the gravel roads are pretty good. 

Just keep in mind it's a P2P (point to point) race, so logistics might be a drag.