Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

Ispeed_V

33 minutes ago, AllenH said:

It would have been a very private, apologise in person, no lawyers, get to say your side, pay your dues and get over it situation had he owned up to his mistake early... The hub and maybe a select few other groups would have probably known about it and that's the worst of it.

But now... You better bet that his name is gonna hit the papers, his boss and family will all know about it, friends will shun him, riding venues may ban him, clubs will ban him and the courts will now take it all the way with multiple dragged out court appearances with a lawyer, anger management classes and even bail being opposed. .. All over loosing your temper because someone called you out on your BS and overtook you....

My guy, the longer you wait... The worse it's gonna get. Lawyer up and hand yourself in.

And he ends up with a criminal record for "assault with the intention to cause serious bodily injury"

That never looks good on a job application. This guy just pissed his entire life away with one stupid decision. He deserves everything coming to him.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mook said:

OP was interviewed on RSG this morning just after 06:00. The call to flush out this dingbat seems to be gaining momentum. Life in general would be sooooooooooo cool without these "roaches"

Shame .................... I suppose he was bullied by the girl across the streetĀ šŸ˜µ

didn't OPĀ  say he was assualted by a ginger?

23 hours ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Strange that not even one witness came forward yet?

There's so many people out at that time of day.

Are they maybe too scared?

The attacker knows about the incident and is either trying to do a "hit and run" till it blows over or is weighing up his legal options.

Ā 

There's a group of ~9-14 people who were riding with this attacker. They probably have comms with each other, such as a wider whatsapp group.

He had blood literally and figuratively on his hands. I find it impossible to believe that none of them noticed anything on the day or have heard about the incident since.

Either they are trying to protect him, or they are trying to convince him to do the right thing.

Ā 

There's a good chance they are reading this. Must make your stomach squirm to know you are withholding evidence in a criminal case.Ā 

Ā 

Heard the Radio Sonder Grense thing this morning on my way to work.

Amazing how something like this can snowball with modern day media. Truly hope the bully gets identified and made to pay.

My guess is that it is not the first time in his life that he took his frustrations out on others in such a violent way. I say, better for him to get caught NOW , because the next time may well be a road rage incident that ends up even worse.

39 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

The attacker knows about the incident and is either trying to do a "hit and run" till it blows over or is weighing up his legal options.

Ā 

There's a group of ~9-14 people who were riding with this attacker. They probably have comms with each other, such as a wider whatsapp group.

He had blood literally and figuratively on his hands. I find it impossible to believe that none of them noticed anything on the day or have heard about the incident since.

Either they are trying to protect him, or they are trying to convince him to do the right thing.

Ā 

There's a good chance they are reading this. Must make your stomach squirm to know you are withholding evidence in a criminal case.Ā 

Ā 

Shebeen you are 100% correct with your above phrase in bold.

I have managed to open an assault case (that process is a story for another day and more popcorn than the hub can supply) and will share the details once obtained.

A lot of people have commented saying that somebody is possibly wanting / ready to rant this coward out, but would rather do it directly to the SAPS/investigating officer than to the victim (myself) or my wife.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I'm glad I live in CT, we have our problems but being punched in the face by a ginger on an MTB is a rarity. šŸ™‚Ā 

This doesnā€™t seem to happen in the Souf (of Joburg). Seems the Cradle is a rof place.

Just now, 117 said:

Nah, we mob lynch in the south - solo artists are for pansys

Hey, I thought we were friends, now you calling me a pansy .... :(Ā 

I still like a nice solo every now and again, like this afternoon.

2 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Shebeen you are 100% correct with your above phrase in bold.

I have managed to open an assault case (that process is a story for another day and more popcorn than the hub can supply) and will share the details once obtained.

A lot of people have commented saying that somebody is possibly wanting / ready to rant this coward out, but would rather do it directly to the SAPS/investigating officer than to the victim (myself) or my wife.

Ā 

I've ridden in the Cradle since before it became a full loop and am saddened and pi$$ed that guys like your attacker spoil such a cool place. Have you been able to sit down with Garth (Bidon) to check his cameras? He's got excellent coverage and if you review within say 30 mins before attack its possible you can ID the group. Large group of riders - it's quite likely they rode from Bidon. Garth has a camera near the road and as I understand it he has or at one stage had numberplate recognition software.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

I'm glad I live in CT, we have our problems but being punched in the face by a ginger on an MTB is a rarity. šŸ™‚Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

This doesnā€™t seem to happen in the Souf (of Joburg). Seems the Cradle is a rof place.

Well, in the east (Snor City, Tshwanetoria, pRerotia) we have house wives and debarred attorneys to contend with.

The dwis might even be from Pretoria. Who knows.

Strongs to the OP! Maybe we can organise a lynch-mob-le-hub group ride and go and 'look' for this <word that gets you banned from the Hub for life>.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Can one sign a petition to have him and his gang banned from cycling events ? And would something like that work? or is it wishful thinking ...

Ā 

I want to go ride the cradle this weekend but scared Fisty-Cuff guy might be out on the prowl ...

Suppose he is probably doing the 94.7 ... so should be safe.Ā 

6 minutes ago, DuncanDoughnuts said:

Can one sign a petition to have him and his gang banned from cycling events ? And would something like that work? or is it wishful thinking ...

Ā 

I want to go ride the cradle this weekend but scared Fisty-Cuff guy might be out on the prowl ...

Suppose he is probably doing the 94.7 ... so should be safe.Ā 

how about we find him first then we can hold a poll on the whether he should be tarred and feathered with good oil tar and down feathers or renewable tar and synthetic feathers.....Ā  Ā <did you see what I did there>

Edited by DieselnDust