Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Thought to myself today, to hell with this IDT riding, I'll go for a nice little session outside. Dragged the dumb trainer and old Techniclour Dreamcoat into the backyard and tried to do a short sharp interval session. Except that Stella decided it was time to play and it ended up an easy half hour of spinning and throwing toys for her to fetch while talking over the wall to the neighbour who is now bored out of his skull after having fixed all that needed fixing on his house.

I put my downstairs trainer in the driveway every two days. At least it feels like outdoors for the warm up to my gym session.

We are now doing a Zwift coffee ride once a week with the group. You do 24 kms round London with a stop at 12 kms to go and get a cup of coffee. You need to send a photo in to the Whatsapp group of you and your coffee. 

Its actually quite a lot of fun.

I will NEVER miss an opportunity to ride outside again. I have vowed i will, from release from lockdown, ride through the whole of winter.

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my downstairs trainer in the driveway every two days. At least it feels like outdoors for the warm up to my gym session.

We are now doing a Zwift coffee ride once a week with the group. You do 24 kms round London with a stop at 12 kms to go and get a cup of coffee. You need to send a photo in to the Whatsapp group of you and your coffee. 

I will NEVER miss an opportunity to ride outside again. I have vowed i will, from release from lockdown, ride through the whole of winter.

I'm actually considering a new roadie just because of this

I will wake up every morning at 4:30 to ride. I will not miss one more planned outside ride.

You guys will have to entertain us with fresh pictures while we are sentenced to ride IDTs. Keep up the good work. [emoji106]

And then on Easter Monday just as some rain clouds started moving in did a quick 50 km ride. Wind was not so nice but what does not kill you makes you stronger they say ...

I have just copied this, was meant to reply but to add to your post will be sufficient. And we Saffas need to cycle either on an idt on around and around our yards like a headless chicken. I think most of us won't mind wind now if we only could get out riding on roads, gravel or tar and in the bushes.

Took a spin in awesome weather today. Them country roads.

I did stay within the 2km radius of our home as required.

1e1cab8404a03110a0e9b418638701af.jpg

038bb9ff983c464c5b14672e274517ed.jpg

So you can do a 12.5 km loop.....lucky bastard

I set my IDT up under the Lapa or just next to the pool. Has been great hearing the birds in the mornings and getting some wind to cool me down.

I think if I had been stuck in the garage like normal there would be no-way I'd continue to ride.

some seriously nice deals on gravel bikes ....  :thumbup:

NO ... I dont need one ...  :wacko:

Where - looking for a steel frame to use some of the bits i have accumulated in my garage...

With Patch & Peds.... the test ride on Fiona just over 18 months ago that hooked me completely on gravel bikes . How can you not buy a bike when coffee & cake is part of the deal .

Awesome days ride ....

post-51529-0-75714400-1586962321_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

Where - looking for a steel frame to use some of the bits i have accumulated in my garage...

Evobikes has a nice one on special

The CycleLab-CWC thread has a couple of very nice gravel bikes at SERIOUS discounts

So you can do a 12.5 km loop.....lucky bastard

And any number of laps and winding roads within that radius.

Shame, some of our Olympic hopefuls are doing training rides within a 2km radius. Can you imagine the mind numbingness of that.

But at least they can

And any number of laps and winding roads within that radius.

Shame, some of our Olympic hopefuls are doing training rides within a 2km radius. Can you imagine the mind numbingness of that.

But at least they can

Can you imagine the mind numbing ness of being stuck inside your property?

Can you imagine the mind numbing ness of being stuck inside your property?

I can, and it’s not cool at all.