Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

After Thursday's commute I was most certainly going commute again on Friday.  :thumbup:   :clap:

Left home a bit earlier on Friday .... BUSY day in the office, so wanted an early start.  SO nice to get some fresh air into the lungs before sitting down in front of the computer.

After work I took a "bit" of a detour .... heading in the opposite direction of home.  Past CWC, over the bridge, past the dam, and time to collect these from Protea Hotel -

post-110956-0-14768100-1607095830_thumb.jpg

:clap:  :thumbup:  Nicky is a STAR  :thumbup:   :clap:

On the way back I took a chance ....  I popped in at SportsmansWarehouse, KNOWING I dont have a lock with me, and I cant leave my bike outside, nor could I expect to walk through the store with my bike ....  :whistling:  I stopped outside, stepped in and asked the floor manager if he could possibly assist .... I wanted two sets of velcro straps .... "No problem", and he walks off and gets it for me.  :w00t:   :clap:

post-110956-0-01977100-1607095837_thumb.jpg

What a super nice commute ....

post-110956-0-49381600-1607095822_thumb.jpg

As much as I liked working from home .... Hairy is correct, commuting is NICE  :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I was well on my way before the sun decided to join me ....

post-110956-0-30460000-1607161332_thumb.jpg

Up, up, and over the koppie ....

post-110956-0-25965700-1607161371_thumb.jpg

What a perfect day .....

post-110956-0-84783600-1607161406_thumb.jpg

First time that I actually enjoyed Boomslang .... first couple of times I just could not find my rythm ....  The climb at the end is super nice on the e-bike ....

post-110956-0-02093200-1607161436_thumb.jpg

Simply a PERFECT day ....

post-110956-0-72924800-1607161568_thumb.jpg

Leaving via Protea Corridor just before 8.00 a LOT of riders were entering the trails .... going to be a busy day ... and hot for the late starters ....

Edited by ChrisF

To the E.R. .

Not sure if i should upload pics.

Front tire washed out..i was probably going a bit fast, terminal off camber turn understeer....decided to bail off the side of the hill and hopefully spare the bike...which i might ad is brand new, and not mine. Then a battle commenced between my face, shoulder and leg....and the earth, and the earth won. Cut my lip open against god knows what, nose to mouth. Luckily not all the way through. Plastic surgeon stitched had to fix that. Posterior dislocation of right shoulder - never knew these ones hurt this much. They put you under to pop it back in. And then generally i look like i had a trip through mincer haha.

All in all...was a blast, #no regrets, 100% will do it again. And i can get a new helmet now

To the E.R. .

Front tire washed out..i was probably going a bit fast, terminal off camber turn understeer....decided to bail off the side of the hill and hopefully spare the bike...which i might ad is brand new, and not mine. Then a battle commenced between my face, shoulder and leg....and the earth, and the earth won. Cut my lip open against god knows what, nose to mouth. Luckily not all the way through. Plastic surgeon stitched had to fix that. Posterior dislocation of right shoulder - never knew these ones hurt this much. They put you under to pop it back in. And then generally i look like i had a trip through mincer haha.

All in all...was a blast, #no regrets, 100% will do it again. And i can get a new helmet now

Ouch, heal up soon

To the E.R. .

Heal up quickly Morne.

Watch that shoulder injury carefully. They are complicated things and if they don't heal right they tend to give you hassles ever after. (Been there. done that.)

Why a plastic surgeon? Thought you could make improvements while you were re-decorating anyway? :ph34r:  ;) 

To the E.R. .

Bad luck man...Its always amazing how one ride can quickly turn into a complete headache sometimes...

Heal up quickly Morne.

Watch that shoulder injury carefully. They are complicated things and if they don't heal right they tend to give you hassles ever after. (Been there. done that.)

Why a plastic surgeon? Thought you could make improvements while you were re-decorating anyway? :ph34r: ;)

Haha. It is a deep cut. The best way to describe is that ill probably look like i was born with a cleft palette going forward lol. It almost went all the way through. Now with the 12 stitches it looks like im zipped from mount to nose lol. My wife called it while i was under apparently, she didn't want the nurse/doctor on call in ER to just stitch it up since she has to look at my face all the time haha. But because of how deep it was and all the muscles in your lips/mouth she scemed it was better that a reconstructive surgeon put it back together properly.

He did a good job.

Yea they told me i have to go see physio for rehab next week because of the way it dislocated. They apparently come with possibly more problems than a plain old interior dislocation. Dont know, miffed about that, i’m not a huge fan of wasting time at doctors lol

Edited by morneS555

Haha. It is a deep cut. The best way to describe is that ill probably look like i was born with a cleft palette going forward lol. It almost went all the way through. Now with the 12 stitches it looks like im zipped from mount to nose lol. My wife called it while i was under apparently, she didn't want the nurse/doctor on call in ER to just stitch it up since she has to look at my face all the time haha. But because of how deep it was and all the muscles in your lips/mouth she scemed it was better that a reconstructive surgeon put it back together properly...............

Was just kidding. I'm in agreement with your wife. If you put those type of injuries together correctly right from the start they heal beautifully and leave very little scarring afterwards. Get it wrong first time and it is near impossible to do it over once it healed wrong. 

Haha. It is a deep cut. The best way to describe is that ill probably look like i was born with a cleft palette going forward lol. It almost went all the way through. Now with the 12 stitches it looks like im zipped from mount to nose lol. My wife called it while i was under apparently, she didn't want the nurse/doctor on call in ER to just stitch it up since she has to look at my face all the time haha. But because of how deep it was and all the muscles in your lips/mouth she scemed it was better that a reconstructive surgeon put it back together properly.

He did a good job.

Yea they told me i have to go see physio for rehab next week because of the way it dislocated. They apparently come with possibly more problems than a plain old interior dislocation. Dont know, miffed about that, i’m not a huge fan of wasting time at doctors lol

You can always grow a lip lapa (snor) :)

Hope you have a good recovery.

To the E.R. .

Hard luck, wishing you a speedy recovery.