• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Not many jobs around. I don't want to sit at home crying. Riding my bike seems to stop the tears. Hopefully I will find work before the end of the year. 

Yeah,its tough.This friggen covid has stuffed up everything.I hope you find something soon.What do you do for a living apart from providing us mere mortals with exquisite pictures of your journey's

Had a bit of an infection, so stayed off the bike since Tuesday. These pics are torture. Maybe tomorrow....

36 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Merweville. Headwind from the N1. I stopped and tried to cry. The wind was so strong my tears dried before they left my eyes.

Every time I come to a small Karoo village I fall just that little bit more in love with it. 

If you have been to Merweville, then you have been on the road less traveled! Respect!

Edit: I lived there for a year or two as a toddler. My father was (briefly) a teacher there. Later, while in junior school in Prince Albert (in the "year beyond") we occasionally played rugby against Merweville. This was their field at its very best! 

26.jpg

Edited by DJR

1 hour ago, copperhead said:

Merweville. Headwind from the N1. I stopped and tried to cry. The wind was so strong my tears dried before they left my eyes.

Every time I come to a small Karoo village I fall just that little bit more in love with it. 

20210515_084437.jpg

Post. Of. The. Month. 

10 hours ago, copperhead said:

The HOFF (Steve of course) was here last night. I didn't see him but heard him until midnight. No town too small or too big. #respect

IMG_20210515_080332_920.jpg

flip ... till midnight .. .that noise must have kept you up!

1 hour ago, DJR said:

If you have been to Merweville, then you have been on the road less traveled! Respect!

Edit: I lived there for a year or two as a toddler. My father was (briefly) a teacher there. Later, while in junior school in Prince Albert (in the "year beyond") we occasionally played rugby against Merweville. This was their field at its very best! 

26.jpg

Fake photo .... you are so old they never had colour photo's back then!

On 5/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, copperhead said:

Swartberg Pass into Prince Albert. Slept on the mountain. Nice to get to shower today. 

20210513_073229.jpg

20210513_064127.jpg

20210513_073325.jpg

I simply love your evocative images. Two of my fave memories are from that Swartberg Pass peak.

1. Cycling up (edit: from Oudtshoorn on my Alpina) to camp solo in the snow on a clear full moon night twenty six years ago. Spectacular.  Snow, clear full moon, solitude, it's still an almost surreally beautiful memory decades later. That pass is Thomas Baines' seventeenth and last, and most spectacular pass IMO. 
  2. Looking down on a lightning storm in the clouds below us while picnicking at the edge of the forest on the Prince Albert side of the peak with my young kids, also after snow.
Edited by justinafrika

Jeez Merweville is the saddest place I have been to in SA. It really is bleak and dreary with only a pretty church building to brighten it up a bit.

Sorry this was in reply to DJR earlier post. Still trying to figure out the new improved Bikehub????

Edited by MTBeer