Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

55 minutes ago, patham said:

Not too wet after Typhoon Yagi?

Stay clear of the UXO!

It's been quite dry this week and the water has dropped a lot, so we didn't have to ride through too much mud. Vientiane is underwater at the moment though.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, patham said:

The heavier duty Schwalbe MTB tyres have done me well for the last decade (Nobbies, Hans Dampfs & Magic Mary) with no sign of weeping. I’m a big fan.

I have a bit of a thing for Maxxis Assegai / Minion DHR ii and can't get myself to not use them on my enduro rig. I've tried Spez Butcher / Eliminator which aren't bad, but they're not Maxxis - I have two sets of these hanging in the garage with not much use, all because the Maxxis are just that good. Those rubbers stick like snot and absorb so much abuse with no problems.

Schwalbe Super Trail casings make maxxis EXO+ feel like toilet paper. You can run about 3-5 psi softer on the schwalbe casings…they are more like maxxis double downs. I run my maxxis set at 25F/28R and my Schwalbe set at 22F/24R. Then you get super gravity and super downhill on top of that! Magic Mary up front, Big betty in the rear is the assegai/dhr equivalent. The maxxis combo work well in the dry/hardpack.  The magic mary destroys in when it gets a bit softer. In the wet its no contest.

The Schwalbe performance line stuff you all picked up for 499 is a sportmans warehouse tyre. …Those things have no casing lol…basically a ribbed condom. 

Edited by MORNE

21 minutes ago, MORNE said:

The Schwalbe performance line stuff you all picked up for 499 is a sportmans warehouse tyre. …Those things have no casing lol…basically a ribbed condom. 

Real pity Merida shipped my bike from their factory (assembly plant) with the poor performing version of Schwalbe.

Certainly tainted my perception of the brand.