• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...first time I've seen a "cycle single file" sign anywhere in the world

It’s on signboards too, Swiss’ throughout Chapman’s Peak

Crazy ????

Especially on such a narrow segment of tarmac on the cliff side of the pass

Afternoon ride at Meerendal.

Nice sun shine, and a slight Northernly wind ....

At the top of the first hill we noted a rainbow to the South-East, good, the rain has passed us and we can have a nice ride in the sun.

Okay ... so Maritz's first time to do the Mineshaft .... slow and steady .... WOW !!  

Stairway to Heaven was just a tad to much for him.  So we walked the shortcut.

Next we did Burry Stander.  This is when we noted the rainbow is significantly closer to Meerendal !  But still we are riding in the sun ....

At the bottom of Burry Stander we were drinking water when the rain started ....

Properly drenched by the time we got to the car .... WOW ! what a view !!!  Sun shining on us, while riding in the rain, and seeing the rainbow in front of us in the single track....

Afternoon ride at Meerendal.

Nice sun shine, and a slight Northernly wind ....

At the top of the first hill we noted a rainbow to the South-East, good, the rain has passed us and we can have a nice ride in the sun.

Okay ... so Maritz's first time to do the Mineshaft .... slow and steady .... WOW !!  

Stairway to Heaven was just a tad to much for him.  So we walked the shortcut.

Next we did Burry Stander.  This is when we noted the rainbow is significantly closer to Meerendal !  But still we are riding in the sun ....

At the bottom of Burry Stander we were drinking water when the rain started ....

Properly drenched by the time we got to the car .... WOW ! what a view !!!  Sun shining on us, while riding in the rain, and seeing the rainbow in front of us in the single track....

Pics and Strava result? :ph34r: :whistling:

Checked out 'Wyatt Earp bridge' (he who we do not speak of here on the hub) today21049f458955039ac72be2f8f77590fb.jpg

Why is it called WE bridge... do tell the story if there is one?