Shaun Nick Bester - Cycling SA announcement

bolt67

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, thebob said:

Will this be heading to a court of law or have charges not been laid?

Its scary how CSA just posts this, its really sensitive in nature, normally its not just blurted out in the open. But jeez, that's hectic, his career is over, poor victims as well. I doubt he can appeal this for a second time.

2 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Its scary how CSA just posts this, its really sensitive in nature, normally its not just blurted out in the open. But jeez, that's hectic, his career is over, poor victims as well. I doubt he can appeal this for a second time.

What did you think a sports federation or business should do in case of a criminal offence like this? Surely others need to be protected and it must be out in the open?

Edited by @grootlem

2 minutes ago, @grootlem said:

What did you think a sports federation or business should do in case of a criminal offence like this? Surely others need to be protected and it must be out in the open?

Agree, everyone should know what this pig did.

4 minutes ago, @grootlem said:

Especially where minors are involved

7 minutes ago, @grootlem said:

Sure, but should this not be tied to a criminal investigation?

Putting something out in the open like this without having substantial evidence can open CSA up to being sued, quite heavily in fact.
However, should they react by giving a ban in reaction to a criminal proceeding that found him guilty is a completely different story.

This is a private entity with 0 criminal investigation experience who have just created a ton of **** for someone and if they can not substantiate their claims, they are in deep ****.

I would trust an actual criminal investigation over that of a private entity.

In saying this, I do not condone any form of abuse what so ever. Should what has been said about him be true, he should suffer the consequences. I do however think a criminal investigation should've been run.

Edited by Bl4d3

5 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

I like how the victims are secondary in consideration. 
What should CSA have done differently here?  They haven’t named any of the victims and followed due process, he’s even been given leeway in the verdict. 
Its entirely possible criminal charges might follow, for obvious reasons.

CSA posted a similar statement regarding one of their officials during the Tokyo Olympics.

Trying to find a way to justify his side of the story, I can't. I expect a criminal case should follow, or is that it? 

Do I have it correctly that his father is Nick Bester, former comrades runner and nedbank running team coach? He always seemed like a really tough guy, and wouldn't stand for any rubbish.