Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SAIDS certainly have got some cleaning up to do, if they don't you will have guilty getting off on technicalities and innocent roasted through bumbling.

@NSBB whilst I get the intended pun in the thread heading, may I suggest that you change it to something like : "Impey found innocent - Saids apologise".

the phrase "gets off scott free" is traditionally associated with a guilty person who gets off, and evades conviction and punishment. It is not fair to tar Darryl Impey with this brush.

And as Tumbles has pointed out, this fiasco has cost him millions in lost income, reputational damage in going from hero to "doper" - and I cannot begin to imagine the anguish that he and his family have gone through. Why Saids delayed the sample results is beyond me, why they had chose to release them just in time to cost him the tdf is totally inexcusable.

I hope Darryl sues them and recovers every cent that he lost. F$&@ing beaurocrats play god, they should all be shot.

Edited by Harryn

Hope the pharmacist give him a whole Scott filled with bicarb to buffer his eina.

I think a lot of you have some apologizing to do over on the first thread!!!

Glad he's cleared though. Never knew about the payback clause. I doubt someone would be quickly persuaded to dope with that kinda treat over your head!!

Well done Daryl. Shitty move right before or tour. I think some proper apologies are in order from the asshats at SAIDS

Me, I am gloating today.

When i questioned the drug itself and it's relevance and suggested that SAIDS was a bunch of clowns, the pitchfork were coming from all directions.

I even threw in "benefit of the doubt" somewhere along the line.

@NSBB whilst I get the intended pun in the thread heading, may I suggest that you change it to something like : "Impey found innocent - Saids apologise".

the phrase "gets off scott free" is traditionally associated with a guilty person who gets off, and evades conviction and punishment. It is not fair to tar Darryl Impey with this brush.

And as Tumbles has pointed out, this fiasco has cost him millions in lost income, repetutational damage in going from hero to "doper" - and I cannot begin to imagine the anguish that he and his family have gone through. Why Saids delayed the sample results is beyond me, why they had chose to release them just in time to cost him the tdf is totally inexcusable.

I hope Darryl sues them and recovers every cent that he lost. F$&@ing beaurocrats play god, they should all be shot.

You are right Harry and it was in bad taste, please accept my humblest apologies.

Not near a computer so if there are any mods present pls feel free to change it.

Slight off topic, while back we were riding the Lido when we were joined by some riders including a female in SA colours, we were puzzled to who she was until we found out it was Daryls girlfriend who borrowed his top for the ride.

Back to topic.

He wanted to buy empty gelatine capsules to put bicarbonate of soda in. The pharmacist he finally got them from had been handling the banned substance prior to selling Daryl the capsules. He came forward with receipts.

Call me a skeptic, but I call bullsh*t on that one!