All things Team Qhubeka NextHash

Eldron

I switched my Fandom to Mitchelton Scott. SA connection with Impey, Great Team full of characters AND a GC contender in Yates.

Sorry DD. I'm a big Dlamini fan but that's about as far as it stretches these days.

it's hard not to be a fan of Orica bike exhcange greenedge mitchelton Scott

I think the day I became a solid fan of the aussie yob was back in june 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrDGgtVWhM

"mateship" they look after each other and you get a genuine feel that they are an amazing team to be a part of, and it's not just for show. They've been able to become australian in their DNA but not just for being bruce and sheila. Gerry Ryan the team owner seems like a really decent millionaire. Caleb and Bling moved on when their skills were better suited elsewhere, no biggie. Which is what disappoints me in DDD, they're just no longer going to be an african team, despite owning the url https://africasteam.com it doesn't extend that much further. I've heard its a nightmare getting visas for eritreans, but then you have people on that!

but in saying that, I'm more than happy to support DDD and orica. it's not like it's mutually exclusive that often either, even when luigi and yates('s) were dicing it for TDF white. when(if) it's the yellow it might be harder to draw the line.

I do hope that DDD management have a plan of sorts, because whatever is currently being done doesn't seem to be working. and at the end of the day, the most MZantsi youtube vid from the pro peleton remains someone else's

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja just asks Porte.. oh wait he left sky.

But then there is also Viviani .....   :D

Re Porte... he had quite a lot of bad luck since he left sky... he might also not have the leadership qualities and resilience that is required to lead a team to GC success.

But then there is also Viviani .....   :D

Re Porte... he had quite a lot of bad luck since he left sky... he might also not have the leadership qualities and resilience that is required to lead a team to GC success.

Bottom line is Porte was a great super dom' but not a true great. The sport is littered with them. Being a GT contender isn't only about talent it's the whole package, the pressure, the management of you, your riders etc and luck / making your own luck is part of that. He just hasn't performed at the highest level when he needs to and that is what you need to do, consistently.

There is the constant phrase about team sky that they hovered up 'riders who would be team leaders else where' which is partly true but there is nothing to say they would have been real challengers to the 3 or 4 kings of each generation. Bouhanni was a leader of a team so we all can say it may not be as glittering as it's made out to be. 

Good result in Tour of Yorkshire for DD yesterday.

Tom Slagter got 4th and 7th in the GC , but could have been better if he was not boxed in by GVA domestique just as GVA attached.

Slagter did all the work to try and catch them again and still won the sprint from their group so if his positioning was better the result could have been even better.

Lets hope he and Ben O Connor can get some results at the Giro.

Cav is definetily not going to win anytime soon, I do not think he still have the nerve to spring, after the team doing all the work he did not sprint once in this tour.

Good result in Tour of Yorkshire for DD yesterday.

Tom Slagter got 4th and 7th in the GC , but could have been better if he was not boxed in by GVA domestique just as GVA attached.

Slagter did all the work to try and catch them again and still won the sprint from their group so if his positioning was better the result could have been even better.

Lets hope he and Ben O Connor can get some results at the Giro.

Cav is definetily not going to win anytime soon, I do not think he still have the nerve to spring, after the team doing all the work he did not sprint once in this tour.

Was a good result. I've always thought TJS was a good rider that just didn't kick up his careers. Hopefully he can do something at the Giro. Lord knows DD need something. 

I'm not so sure about Cav'. I think he might be working up his form quite well all things considered. Remember it's all about Le Tour, that's it nothing else matters and anything in between is a bonus. It's the biggest stage for the sponsors, the team and the fans. He been buried as past it so many times and I hope he's going to prove them wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually start playing on the 'no form' angle a bit leading towards france to keep under the radar, much like in the way his MSR win was orchestrated. 

Was a good result. I've always thought TJS was a good rider that just didn't kick up his careers. Hopefully he can do something at the Giro. Lord knows DD need something. 

I'm not so sure about Cav'. I think he might be working up his form quite well all things considered. Remember it's all about Le Tour, that's it nothing else matters and anything in between is a bonus. It's the biggest stage for the sponsors, the team and the fans. He been buried as past it so many times and I hope he's going to prove them wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually start playing on the 'no form' angle a bit leading towards france to keep under the radar, much like in the way his MSR win was orchestrated. 

LOL...

Cav ship has sailed and sunk. Its time to move on! 

DD need to adapt or die, currently they are dying.

if that's the case then he is doing a BRILLIANT job

Dont think it can get worse for DDD, so lets hope the Giro shows some fight at least.

Some monster pulls in Yorkshire by Dlamini and Tiller. ( thats some climate change for Nic Dlamini after riding sunny circles of the peninsula for weeks while they try and sort out his visa).

This is worth a read by he/ she Robert Millar, putting the obvious lack of results aside it makes a case that when it matters Cav might still be worth a bet. 

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/philippa-york-analysing-mark-cavendishs-tour-de-yorkshire-sprints/

Dont think it can get worse for DDD, so lets hope the Giro shows some fight at least.

Some monster pulls in Yorkshire by Dlamini and Tiller. ( thats some climate change for Nic Dlamini after riding sunny circles of the peninsula for weeks while they try and sort out his visa).

This is worth a read by he/ she Robert Millar, putting the obvious lack of results aside it makes a case that when it matters Cav might still be worth a bet.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/philippa-york-analysing-mark-cavendishs-tour-de-yorkshire-sprints

Link is 404 kaputski

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/philippa-york-analysing-mark-cavendishs-tour-de-yorkshire-sprints 

Of course he's worth a bet. Thing is no one has really seen a full strenght Cav' for a good 2 years so no one really knows. Most people are working off attempts at competing while still suffering the effects of EB. Time is ticking for him and he'll be motivated for TdF with the record and the fact that he must have questioned his career and place in the sport during those off times and if that isn't fuel for the fire then I don't know what is. 

I for one hope he can come back and represent for DD on the big stage. Love him or hate him he has been one of the greatest sprinters ever and you'd want to see him go out competing at full strength and winning for DD. 

Edited by T-Bob

LOL...

Cav ship has sailed and sunk. Its time to move on! 

DD need to adapt or die, currently they are dying.

Also got this feeling after watching Tour de Yorkshire stage 2.

Cav was in a great position with two DD guys but didn't look interested. He then had 3 or 4 other riders in front of him going into the final sprint. Solid position but just went backwards from there

• 2 weeks later...