Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you MEN *in the most offensive way possible* are doing the juniour tour. I got signed up for the 7km.

Any last minute training tips ?

My daughter insisted that no training is necessary for a 7km race, and she is annoyed that we didn't enter the 4km route as (in her mind) she has a real chance of winning that one  :whistling:

OK, so let's get down to some important business....

Hubber identification. Blue cable ties? Bikehub socks? This been discussed before on this thread?

No socks!  :devil:

Just a general notification.

Will be doing my annual "route recce" next Sunday.

Starting 06h00 from Greenpoint VA. No racing, it is a cruise (I aim for about 25km/h avg over the route).

Avoiding the first 25 odd km of the official route, by going down Liesbeek Park and Main rd, joining with the route proper in Lakeside.

There will be a few racing snakes that will not be able to contain themselves on the climbs, but we will regroup at the top of the major/bigger climbs.(Smits, turn to Oceanview, top of Chappies, top of Suikerbossie) That is if there is not enough of them to form their own group.

Do you know how hard it was to find carbon deep sections for a 24 inch wheel. Lucky our skin suits are one size fits all...

My toppie comes from a Tri background so as a lightie all I knew was his back wheel was solid and front was deep. I used to take cardboard, cut it out and stick it to my spokes. So I had a disk at the back and a deep section at the front.

Do you know how hard it was to find carbon deep sections for a 24 inch wheel. Lucky our skin suits are one size fits all...

Johnny T is shaking his head giving your a face palm...

cardboard bru,.....cardboard

Just a general notification.

Will be doing my annual "route recce" next Sunday.

Starting 06h00 from Greenpoint VA. No racing, it is a cruise (I aim for about 25km/h avg over the route).

Avoiding the first 25 odd km of the official route, by going down Liesbeek Park and Main rd, joining with the route proper in Lakeside.

There will be a few racing snakes that will not be able to contain themselves on the climbs, but we will regroup at the top of the major/bigger climbs.(Smits, turn to Oceanview, top of Chappies, top of Suikerbossie) That is if there is not enough of them to form their own group.

Just make sure you pull off to the side or their may be a hub post about it

Remember when there was such a huge demand for the cycle tour that they implemented the "Lotto" system?!

Now you can enter just 1 week before the event.

post-35357-0-09315300-1582626285_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Remember when there was such a huge demand for the cycle tour that they implemented the "Lotto" system?!

Now you can enter just 1 week before the event.

they had to implement the lottery system as the previous 2 years entries were sold out within hours of opening.