Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

hahahahahaha

I just remembered seeing a whole host of posts about how he would never do the race again, especially after they cancelled the windy one and a whole bunch of other reasons.

So I was just wondering why he feels he needs to say he isn't doing it 'this' year specifically after saying he would never do it again?

Am I trolling? YES..... Am I also interested in the backpedalling? Also yes..

But it's a bit like that stale joke people were making;

'This year is the first year I won't be travelling to Bali on a surf trip because of Covid..... All the other years were because I was too poor' (or whatever)

Wasn't saying you are the troll...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked them on a post on their Instagram and it needs to be a full 109km in 1 single ride.

I agree, it is not that clear.

I have planned for years to do a downwind dash up the West Coast. Wait for a MASSIVE Southeaster, ride like a scalded cat from Cape Town to Langebaan. Get the Mrs to pick me up with the car. Maybe I'll finally do it this year?! (I have never been on a totally downwind ride........many a totally UPwind ride though...... ;) )

Edited by DJR

I am going to do the 109 option. Just too many things on my plate at the moment to do the fulgaz option. If it wasn't only available for that 1 week I would probably have done both.

I am going to do the 109 option. Just too many things on my plate at the moment to do the fulgaz option. If it wasn't only available for that 1 week I would probably have done both.

was going to do the 109 this coming weekend (7 march) but we've pushed it to the next weekend due to family stuff happening.

was going to do the 109 this coming weekend (7 march) but we've pushed it to the next weekend due to family stuff happening.

I will do mine on the IDT. Want to try do it more than once.

Incredible how things have changed over one year. Having ridden so many consecutive ARGUS's and being such a fan of the event I find my self constantly going "This time last year...":

"this time last year I did my last long training ride for the ARGUS"

"this time last year I confirmed my accommodation and rental..."
"this time last year I took my bike to the shipping guys to have it transported to CT"

"this time last year I started counting the days, scrutinizing the weather..."

Coming weekend I will relive the most amazing ride and vibe known to participation cycling. In that spirit, how about we post photos of our best ARGUS memories in the coming week. Just sommer for the fun of it and in anticipation for when we will, once again ride the Cape.       

I have planned for years to do a downwind dash up the West Coast. Wait for a MASSIVE Southeaster, ride like a scalded cat from Cape Town to Langebaan. Get the Mrs to pick me up with the car. Maybe I'll finally do it this year?! (I have never been on a totally downwind ride........many a totally UPwind ride though...... ;) )

Planning the same. Must admit, a few sundays ago there was some strong winds. Now with  level 1 that road is gonna be very busy again

There used to be a downwind windsurfer dash from Blouberg to Langebaan. Would be an interesting race between the bike and the board.

There used to be a downwind windsurfer dash from Blouberg to Langebaan. Would be an interesting race between the bike and the board.

I'd say a bicycle would win easily, assuming the cyclist was fairly strong.

I'd say a bicycle would win easily, assuming the cyclist was fairly strong.

100km ride @ what average speed? In a 30 knot S Easter the windsurfer could average 50kph I reckon.

Nearly killed myself once during a Langebaan to Saldana Downwind Dash. Ended up getting dragged out of the drink by the navy for a very humiliating drop off in Saldana with an armful of broken bits of windsurfer and a very bruised ego. :blush:

Agg I don't have time to go out for a 109km ride at the moment. Will hop onto the IDT once the kids are all asleep. It is when I do all my training now anyway.

I find slipping in a sneaky lunchtime IDT training ride while Working From Home does wonders for my mental wellbeing. Running on the same PC, so I can keep an eye on any urgent comms from work. ;)

I tend to struggle to fall asleep if I ride after 8PM. This way I can squeeze in a ride and still fall asleep at my normal time.