Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why you still surprised?

surely you've seen the trend that peeps don't give a hoot about what's happening and just want to live their best life... 

Not sure how our intent on entering an event equals us not giving a hoot about what's happening? We can surely have hope for a better tomorrow? Or should we all just wallow in negativity and fear? 

I choose to be hopeful, it will get better, things we love and enjoy will start to come back, the question is only when that will happen.

No need to be negative and judge others for their position in life. 

Not sure how our intent on entering an event equals us not giving a hoot about what's happening? We can surely have hope for a better tomorrow? Or should we all just wallow in negativity and fear? 

I choose to be hopeful, it will get better, things we love and enjoy will start to come back, the question is only when that will happen.

No need to be negative and judge others for their position in life. 

Nah apologies if I came across that way to you.

Just slight mind baffled to see how so many okes are getting *excited* around races and the cancelation/postponement thereof, given the crazy times we find ourselves in. Let it be.

Yes I too train hard and would really love to race my bike again but I think preserving life beats my desire to race my bike at the moment and hosting a race of +15k peeps is not part of preserving life.

I am loving just being able to ride my bike at the moment and its lekker to see so much more people out there these days, more than the good old days when races were a thing.

Were you even there ???

Jip.  Started.  Did up to blue route end and they stopped us out of nowhere.  

Did all together 80km that day.  

I've had wind far worse than that.   :thumbup:

Suspect that fact that the road was packed full of rocks by the local bellhammels had something to do with the "risk" factor......

Who knows.....who cares.....

Life goes on.  CTCT won't miss my support.

This yer the goodie bag was going to be a 24pack single ply toilet paper hamper

Apparently there's an over supply

Heard it was going to be cases of wine, they really struggling with Sales, cannot even give it away!

No. For many  - including some of my friends - life does not go on and exactly because of this kind of FU attitude.

Calling out "pansies" for not riding in the wind a few years back, in a discussion about the impact of a disease that takes out hundreds of South Africans daily is not only childish, its disrespectful. Jeez mate, grow up and get real.

As you were, lads and lasses...       

Suspect that fact that the road was packed full of rocks by the local bellhammels had something to do with the "risk" factor......

So you were also part of this meeting

post-58906-0-49670800-1611223484_thumb.jpg

I received an sms that popped up on my garmin while we were climbing edinburgh drive to say it had been cancelled, one of the bike marshals had also told our group when we were near the university that it had been stopped but he said he didn't know if we must carry on or not. We didn't quite know what to do and as we were staying in fish hoek so we just carried on riding. So when we got to the end of the blue route and saw everyone stopped we knew they weren't allowing us to go further.

Are you actually serious ?  :eek:   :cursing:

SNIP

I had a mate pass away on Tuesday evening. I have another buddie who spent the whole of 2021 so far in hospital and has been out of ICU only since Sunday. 2 weeks ago he was certain that he was not going to make it through the night.

At least now there is something way worse than a Stravasshole, and it's a Covidiot.

I am just exasperated by the stupidity of people still thinking its about 'their' comfort and risk adjustment.

I am currently working with a group of people who have had many cases of infection among their team, and some of them have been hospitalized and one's wife passed away 2 weeks ago.

But hey, lets all get together and go ride our bikes, because....ag, I'm so over it.

I will not be participating this year, nor next until at least the risk has severely been mitigated.

I had a mate pass away on Tuesday evening. I have another buddie who spent the whole of 2021 so far in hospital and has been out of ICU only since Sunday. 2 weeks ago he was certain that he was not going to make it through the night.

At least now there is something way worse than a Stravasshole, and it's a Covidiot.

I am just exasperated by the stupidity of people still thinking its about 'their' comfort and risk adjustment.

I am currently working with a group of people who have had many cases of infection among their team, and some of them have been hospitalized and one's wife passed away 2 weeks ago.

But hey, lets all get together and go ride our bikes, because....ag, I'm so over it.

I will not be participating this year, nor next until at least the risk has severely been mitigated.

Condolences Robbie.

Condolences man.

Thanks for your on the ground yet uninformed experience.

For someone who doesn't care and won't do this race again, you seem intent on letting us all know about it..

Thanks for your on the ground yet uninformed experience.

For someone who doesn't care and won't do this race again, you seem intent on letting us all know about it..

Ironically if you consider yourself a racing snake and you stopped doing the race in 2017 then you missed out on 2018 and 2020 which had the best sub-3 conditions since I started riding (lets just say nothing about 2019)