Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Better yet, go on your strava, see friends breaking the rules, pick up the phone and tell them to quit being an inconsiderate idiot. Hence my post to the strava leaderboard. Hopefully people recognize their own friends on that list and do something.

I had to call out a friend in person running without a mask the other day, I think it has a bigger impact when you know them.

Exactly

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning on the R27 there was a massive group of about 30 women running in kit with Chinese Flag emblem.

Whats that about?

Better yet, go on your strava, see friends breaking the rules, pick up the phone and tell them to quit being an inconsiderate idiot. Hence my post to the strava leaderboard. Hopefully people recognize their own friends on that list and do something.

I had to call out a friend in person running without a mask the other day, I think it has a bigger impact when you know them.

You must be a whole lot of fun at a braai...

Ok enough negativity.

My other half and I went for a run on Chappies on Friday. Well I was more sort of stumbling but you get the idea. The weather was amazing and social distancing aside it was awesome to see so many people out. I truly wish there was a way we could close chappies for cars once a month. Just for a morning. How amazing would that be?

When we made the turn for home there was straight up AT LEAST 2000 people and their dogs on HB beach. Anyway we ran past and then the miracle happened. The Seattle at the garage was selling takeaway coffee. It was like an angel had descended from heaven. I gave the ladies a fat tip and I could see the tip jar was stuffed full of notes. Good for them.

Saturday we got out on the roadies. So So So good. We all get wrapped up in training and FTP and all that stuff and often forget to ride just for the complete joy of it. My DH mates often give me gears about my road bike habit but there are times and places on a road bike when if feels like you are flying. The little downhill past Lands just before the edge of our 5km circle felt like flying.

It was amazing.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I don't think he gets invited to many

if he does its probably The Annual Snitch Convention or their opposition, The Annual Convention for Snitches

Edited by DieselnDust

This is why u not a cop because you would be a dick

Get a life you sad pathetic little rat

I don't think he gets invited to many

if he does its probably The Annual Snitch Convention or their opposition, The Annual Convention for Snitches

There are days like today that I am not fond of the South African mindset.

Let me bite my lip and just walk away.

You be you

:thumbup:

I did just this yesterday...you'd be surprised (or maybe not) by how few ppl stuck within 5km or off of TMNP land :(

And here this twatwaffle is trying to stick to the rules for the better of the rest of the globe.

I went out today again, reasonable mask compliance (70% maybe).

People were friendly.

Crowds have thinned out a lot. Maybe 10% of the cyclist numbers I saw on the first open day.

I was really surprised when I saw people cycling on the Tygerberg Club trails. I saw 3 of them and I was just passing. The club has specifically said the trails are closed, so yeah, that's a bit blergh.

Also saw some labourers gardening and house-help/maid/cleaners going to work in the suburbs.

So yeah, people are over it.

Edited by aquaratza

Nothing lower than a sniffling ratattachicon.giftenor.gif

Looks like LD is getting to you, it might be a good time to have a break from social media.

I went out today again, reasonable mask compliance (70% maybe).

People were friendly.

Crowds have thinned out a lot. Maybe 10% of the cyclist numbers I saw on the first open day.

I was really surprised when I saw people cycling on the Tygerberg Club trails. I saw 3 of them and I was just passing. The club has specifically said the trails are closed, so yeah, that's a bit blergh.

Also saw some labourers gardening and house-help/maid/cleaners going to work in the suburbs.

So yeah, people are over it.

Yep - people are very much over this. Made a point of to myself to not hate on others breaking the arbitrary rules (nor am I going to hate on people snitching on people breaking arbitrary rules).

The one I find hard to stomach though is the big group rides - that is the one rule that actually makes sense but is ignored by so many. No point sticking to all the other stupid rules if you are going to ignore the one that will actually make a difference.

Looks like LD is getting to you, it might be a good time to have a break from social media.

I cannot stand this holier than thou attitude by people who are obsessed with  what other people are doing.  Dumbasses cannot see that we have been stripped of all rights and freedoms and these prats are only concerned about who rides past 5km raduis  cause.they breaking "the rules".    

Dont talk to me about rules when my company and thousands of others have been illegally forced to shutdown i have laid off 40 workers who when we try apply for UIF and  still after 5 weeks have not seen a cent from our GOVT.   They starving to death and the Govt have basically told us all to shut up and accept this.  Get your priorities in order.  Perhaps start asking hard questions and attacking the real rule breakers which are our police and govt .   When govt play by rules then maybe the people will follow. 

I would just like to apologize to everyone in the country and on strava. I went 45 centimeters out of my 5km radius. I don't know what I was thinking when I did this unthinkable act. Please accept my forgiveness. I shall do 20 hail Mary's and 20 of the other ones too.

Have a good day.

You better wash those sins away with 20 bloody Mary's too.

go and sin no more

I cannot stand this holier than thou attitude by people who are obsessed with  what other people are doing.  Dumbasses cannot see that we have been stripped of all rights and freedoms and these prats are only concerned about who rides past 5km raduis  cause.they breaking "the rules".    

Dont talk to me about rules when my company and thousands of others have been illegally forced to shutdown i have laid off 40 workers who when we try apply for UIF and  still after 5 weeks have not seen a cent from our GOVT.   They starving to death and the Govt have basically told us all to shut up and accept this.  Get your priorities in order.  Perhaps start asking hard questions and attacking the real rule breakers which are our police and govt .   When govt play by rules then maybe the people will follow. 

You understand you're on the exercising outdoors thread - this is pretty much the only thing to talk about here. Go to the other threads and you'll be supported by many sharing your broader views.

There are days like today that I am not fond of the South African mindset.

Let me bite my lip and just walk away.

You be you

:thumbup:

You mean the South African mindset that says rat out they neighbour because its lekker to piss on his parade for having fun while harming no one, .while allowing more serious crime to simply go about its day to day business.

We seem to have a penchant for moralising and upholding unjust laws while flaunting the more serious ones..

reminds of the good old days when people used to take pride in phoning the cops because there was a "darkie" on Clifton beach while buying cocaine from their neightbour two doors away