Lockdown lessons

hansolo

NSSB in an era of alarmist and "klick bait" reporting this is one of thee best written articles ...

Thank you for sharing it.

Where does this writer normally publish ?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Life lessons learnt from Covid-19

• Go shopping once every two weeks. Shop smart, eat smart.
  • Have lots of wine and whisky at the ready.
  • IDT to get the heart rate up 20-30 mins and do HIIT to for muscle development and fat burning.
  • Drink lots of water in between meals. 
  • Go for walks every morning. 
  • Changed job to work from home. More time with family. 
  • Travel less, better for the environment and the bank account. (Last year I went to 5 countries and 57 cities.)

With everything that has been going on it has taught me to focus on what's important and slow down. 

Pssst...are you on SAMIS?

One of the lessons I have learnt is to have a spare of everything

I need two sets of Elixer Custom Light strings.And of course those rocket scientists don't see them as essential.

Our lock down lesson for the day ....

MANY people got tested over the weekend with severe covid like sypmtoms ... MOST of these are NOT essential services workers, and should have been in LOCK-DOWN.

When asked where they think they contracted it, as the doctors needs to try and identify possible points of contact and further spread ... they duck and dive the answer ... and then admit that coming back from the shops they stopped at this or that friend/family ...

DAMMIT people !!!  

Lock-down means LOCK-DOWN !!!

How flippen difficult is it to stay at home !?!?!

Look at how many medical services staff are getting infected, and most of their patients should have been at home, safe. 

YES, I am furious.  My friends and family are being put in danger because a few people are simply not able to stay at home .....  :cursing:   :cursing:

MANY people got tested over the weekend with severe covid like sypmtoms ... MOST of these are NOT essential services workers, and should have been in LOCK-DOWN.

When asked where they think they contracted it, as the doctors needs to try and identify possible points of contact and further spread ... they duck and dive the answer ... and then admit that coming back from the shops they stopped at this or that friend/family ...

DAMMIT people !!!  

Look at how many medical services staff are getting infected, and most of their patients should have been at home, safe. 

YES, I am furious.  My friends and family are being put in danger because a few people are simply not able to stay at home .....  :cursing:   :cursing:

Every Sunday without fail since the lockdown started the house behind mine has a big family gathering. Kids running around, braai cooking away as if it is a normal day.

Some people place their wants way above everybody's needs.

DAMMIT people !!!  

Then you also get the chop that doesn't distance himself/herself when shopping. 

Luckily my "why the f*ck you so close to me look" is quite strong so they back off. 

Idiots all over I tell you. 

DAMMIT people !!!  

This is why we can't have alcohol.

Anyway. Totally OT, Chris, but are you Maritz Electrical?

We can't have alcohol because it taxes hospitals. It's as simple as that. 

Agreed! Too many cannot use it responsibly, just like they also cannot use cars, knives and guns responsibly. Sad, because those who can are treated just the same way as those who can't.

B.t.w. I'm all for the no-booze rule.........until I run out  ;) 

We can't have alcohol because it taxes hospitals. It's as simple as that. 

Yeah, I understand that completely. It's just that this is another reason on top of the alcohol-related morbidity. If people behaved, I'm sure the alcohol ban wouldn't have happened. But people don't behave, and really don't behave when there's alcohol involved. 

I've only had 2 glasses of wine and a shot of rum since the beginning of March. Wine was a pre-lockdown celebration with family, and rum was on the eve that my kitteh decided to be super curious and fell to her death while my son was watching me try to save her, so the ban isn't really affecting me. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Yeah, I understand that completely. It's just that this is another reason on top of the alcohol-related morbidity. If people behaved, I'm sure the alcohol ban wouldn't have happened. But people don't behave, and really don't behave when there's alcohol involved.

I've only had 2 glasses of wine and a shot of rum since the beginning of March. Wine was a pre-lockdown celebration with family, and rum was on the eve that my kitteh decided to be super curious and fell to her death while my son was watching me try to save her, so the ban isn't really affecting me.

Now if it was during December then the alcohol ban would've been more challenging.

Every Sunday without fail since the lockdown started the house behind mine has a big family gathering. Kids running around, braai cooking away as if it is a normal day.

Some people place their wants way above everybody's needs.

Call the police

Lockdown lesson: 

Stand in the line for beer... 

No beer braai's are not as lekker as braai's with beer. 

Not too fussed about the no alcohol rule but I do know it's hitting some folk hard! 

Edited by Dadbod Racing