Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

What a hidden gem of a town. A very big thank you to @Wayne pudding Mol. I am grateful for the meeting and your hosting.

I have met some really truly awesome people. The kindness people show is truly inspiring.

Thank you Wayne.

Joh, Copperhead, you sure can move a bike from A to B. :thumbup:

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a bit over 2000km since January 10th I think and in some of the hottest places in the country

Some nice cool weather for Copperhead today

TOO SCARED to ask HOW he managed to get that bike up Swartbergpass ....  :eek:   :eek:

Difficult enough under ideal conditions .... must be murder with the extra weight ....

We walked the track. Wow it is fun. Another Lynskey club member. Man they are cool bikes. Joining the struggle today. Can't seem to find any speed. Only got to Knysna now. Seems the cooler weather is not for me. Time to head inland again.

That 7 passes road is spectacular. I would like to ride it without luggage one day and take my time. Just stunning.

We used to do an event every December sort of second week which was organised by Wikus and his family.Started at the riding club in George on a Sat morning and went over the old Montagu Pass,all along the mountain to Louvain Guest farm where we camped overnight.Sunday bright and early up and over the Ou Wa Pad and down Bergplaas till we hit the Seven Passes Road,turned right and head back to George all along the Seven Passes Road.

Absolutely stunning two days.As for Hoekwil,I want to live there.

We used to do an event every December sort of second week which was organised by Wikus and his family.Started at the riding club in George on a Sat morning and went over the old Montagu Pass,all along the mountain to Louvain Guest farm where we camped overnight.Sunday bright and early up and over the Ou Wa Pad and down Bergplaas till we hit the Seven Passes Road,turned right and head back to George all along the Seven Passes Road.

Absolutely stunning two days.As for Hoekwil,I want to live there.[/quote

I keep threatening to do this ride but in reverse as a one day ride - soon for sure

Absolutely stunning two days.As for Hoekwil,I want to live there.[/quote

I keep threatening to do this ride but in reverse as a one day ride - soon for sure

I don't envy trying to ride up that rocky section near the top.Its like a dry riverbed of stones.Great ride though.

What is that bright yellow looking thing in the sky?

We haven’t seen it for, what feels like, a long time.

Yeah, I'm slowly getting upset looking at the pictures from non-Gauteng hubbers riding their bikes in the sun.

Yeah, I'm slowly getting upset looking at the pictures from non-Gauteng hubbers riding their bikes in the sun.

and the extra chill in the air today is really not nice. I had to leave the comfort of my workshop and move an engine to shipping with the forklift a bit earlier. Not only did I get wet but it was unpleasantly cold.

and the extra chill in the air today is really not nice. I had to leave the comfort of my workshop and move an engine to shipping with the forklift a bit earlier. Not only did I get wet but it was unpleasantly cold.

always said Gauteng weather is weird. Winter should be cold and wet. Summer should be warm and sunny. Obviaaaas.

always said Gauteng weather is weird. Winter should be cold and wet. Summer should be warm and sunny. Obviaaaas.

i actually prefer our cold and dry winter, cold and wet is just miserable to me.

A scorching hot summer day with an afternoon thunder shower is glorious. 

Used to really enjoy it in our water skiing days, everyone else would pack up and go home, we'd sit it out and then hit the water the moment the rain stopped. Was the best time to ski, no other boats around, glass smooth water