• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I hadn’t gotten out of bed today 

The herald cycle tour can be immense fun - I took an hour longer than last time  - 80km of riding straight into a howling west - the home straight tail wind could do nothing to lift my spirits

I was weak, slow and actually wonder If somethings wrong - I had 2 casual vomits and could not hang onto a single bunch - at least 90km solo

I didn’t enjoy a single moment and should have quit but I need the miles

I’m definitely out sulking my 13 year old daughter today and my head is pounding 

moan moan moan 

55750BE9-5894-458B-A7E8-D173EB911B09.png

The plan was to ride SBR today. But Thursday night got no sleep, Friday felt like crap. Thought a good night sleep would help, but no energy yesterday either, so decided I zone 1-2 ride would be better than SBR. 
the choices were to head south or head north, heading south would put me in the middle of Ride for Sight, so decided to head north again. 
6FFB6FB4-9A9D-484F-ADC0-A452CA873716.jpeg.6137df2c181765e21970baf4b8863765.jpeg

A chilly (8 deg C less the wind chill) but sunny February ride, no complaints

The parking lot outside the swimming pool was quite empty

3.PNG

Those short poles on the side of the road with red on top, are supposed to mark where the road is when its covered in snow

2.PNG

1.PNG

Edited by SwissVan

Haven't been around the point in years... Just haven't been on my road , but a bit of resurgence the last couple months... What a special place Cape Town is on both road and MTB...

... special people too 🙃🤦🏽

IMG_20220220_071655.jpg

IMG_20220220_072425.jpg

11 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Working on my technique for them jumps. Back at Red Barn. 

Next posts will be Karkloof

3A03289C-C5C0-45D9-AD33-51A98DDE8989.jpeg.10b152045432e476b4aca1744dcabceb.jpeg

Take it easy at Karkloof unless you know it well. They have had a lot of rain and storms methinks so, two weeks ago, over 35km, trails were quite eroded, lots of sticks and leaves and jumps looked "old", not broken. Slippery in places, the rocky section (Balls something) showed little use - it is a challenge (for me anyway). Otherwise still very popular, club is great, trails excellent and very pleasant riding.