Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Finally got out of the house for more than a commute today.

Started the morning with a road ride on some farm roads around town. It was such a beautifull day to be on the bike in my valley. c50823de1d6d1b4e5ea55b34df971c83.jpgSpent the afternoon watching some cycling on the tellie and then ended the day of with a ride with my little guy again.

Focus is the name of the game. 4114df0c6bf0894884a58bba944a12e6.jpgPrecious moments with these little ones, he tried a jump again and it ended in a OTB with the bike smacking him in the back of the head. Little shredder just got up, dusted himself of and went on without a peep.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Excellent

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

So many things I wanted to get done today - just ran out of time. Choice for the afternoon was me time on my bike or deal with the crowds and head down to Townhall for the art fair - it was a no brainer.

post-44041-0-50686300-1468688973_thumb.jpgpost-44041-0-60721600-1468688989_thumb.jpg

Lekker pics. Looks awesome

We, the folk up here in the Big Smoke, have been very fortunate so far this winter... It's been a rather mild one...(hope I'm not jinxing it now :huh: )
So early morning starts haven't been that bad...
-1 to start at FUN Gaalens this morning but by 7:30 a balmy 6 degrees.... (with no wind at all)
as always...SUPER FUN!!
attachicon.gifIMG_5911.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5912.JPG

We had a ride today with some work colleagues at The Big Red Barn where we donated money to Animals In Distress as part of Mandela Day.

As usually happens with these things, 20+ people said they were coming, and in the end there was 5 of us.

BikeHub was at least in 'full' attendance with TheRealMJ and I being there.

Had a weird issue with my MTB rear wheel not spinning properly so took the road bike and played on the green routes. Interesting experience to say the least, but still fun.

post-63215-0-46446400-1468847234_thumb.jpg

post-63215-0-32591200-1468847296_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I slept in a bit and had a late start to my MTB ride. Took one of my favorite routes, the road to Stettyn Dam again, didn't realize how unfit I have become over the past few months of very little riding.

Was glad to see that the dam was at full capacity after the recent rains.

My wife and son joined me at the dam and we went for a short hike on a footpath used by the Freedom Challenge guys and then we did a bit of fishing. 7cb3dd5927b32f7b31e3c04e3c5abec1.jpgd9b38e24a553cd6efc723c1b66b7d3cc.jpg

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Day 3 was very close to the old one day classic route. Started/finished in Barbarton but still went over Hilltop and Boulders.

Considering you've done old(ish) route and the current 1-day route, which do you think is better?

So between stage 2 and stage 3? Yoh, tough call. The scenery is better overall on stage 2 and we found it tougher than stage 3, but that could of been because the groups legs were more tired than our legs. 

We enjoyed stage 2 the most for scenery, suffering and fun.